When was your last seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My last seizure was this morning caused by my family. My family is the number1 cause of my seizures.

I just had a shocking thought about that complex partial seizure last Thursday in the Wal-Mart parking lot I told you about. Do you know how it feels to loose your car in a parking lot? It was certainly good I'd parked close. But I had that clicker to open the doors in my hand, though it was too fast on me to let me get a chance to use it. But what if my fingers had hit that other button on it while I was in the middle of that seizure and unable to stop it? BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! That would certainly have attracted attention. Do you think it would have stopped that seizure or just made it worse?

For me it depends when in the seizure it happens. Once the sz has sort of "peaked" then sudden noises or being touched can take me out of it. Sudden noises can trigger one in me but they never make it worse if it's already started.

-When was your last seizure? Last month March 1st, hadn't slept because I was talking to my aunt through her labor and then woke up 2 hours after she gave birth to go to the hospital.
-What kind of seizure was it? I have no idea
-Where did you have the seizure?In my bed sleeping
-How did it make you feel? Didn't realize anything until the morning when I woke up and was told by my cousin and because my head was killing me and I felt horrible.
-Did you write it down in a 'seizure log'? Didn't know I should even keep such a thing.

i am sitting in my hospital bed waiting for my next seizure to happen so I can go home. yuk

last seizure=4/16
type= tonic clonic
where= passenger seat of the car (which is good...I was seat belted in, and we were parked.
how did I feel= confused...tired
did I write it down= yes...

Being preggers, it was a good thing I was seat belted in...hubby said it was stronger then what I've had for a while...bruised my tongue something fierce. And yes, it is possible to bruise your tongue. The underside of my tongue is still bruised. :( I know what triggered it though. Previous day I last track of whether I had taken my PM dose ....so I erred on the side of caution and skipped the dose. Which might have been ok if I had gotten enough sleep the two previous nights...but I hadn't.

About 13 hours ago in bed, a TC. Haven't had one of those in a while. Not sure what triggered it, maybe it was just random. I felt confused and lonely after.

Well I got to stay home from work today, so something good came of it... good old daytime TV.

My tongue sure hurts though. And more blood stains on the pillow cases and the pillows. I go through a lot of them.

*speaking for Jay, he has the seizures...not me*

last seizure?.... was yesterday (but 7 this week)
what kind ?.....simple partial
where?.....classroom at school
how he felt? whole body real cold feelin, tingling and zapping in arm, very tired, fell asleep after
jot it down? you betcha, finally doing a journal !!!

About 15 minutes ago
A complex Partial
Headache, stomach ache, nausea and shaking after.
I keep them on a calender.

This one was real intense. Now here's the strange part. I had two a few days ago and like todays I felt them coming on for quite a while. Last Sunday I couldn't fall asleep because I felt like I "needed' to have one that feeling had been building for several days. Almost like PMS. The next day when I finally did it felt like a relief :ponder:, almost like pressure was released. Kind of like being nervous about something and when its over you feel so much better. Its not that I wish that I would have one it just seemed to feel good to get it over with. Now I feel like I can rest for the rest of the day.

last evening I had a seizure complex partial and got a terrible headache afterwards.

Belinda

Tday
tonic-clonic i think
horible still kinda achey, woozy and weak from it
i wrote down exactly how felt afterward when was able to exactly what i felt in sz journal

1 today and 2 yesterday all complex partials
At home (sorry to be gross but one on the toilet, had issues with that one)
headache, drowsiness and for the first time chills after one.
I always write them down.

Last edited:
Hi flin! Just remember, everyone's definition of controlled varies. :) For people who have multiple seizures a day, 3 -4 in one month would seem controlled. :) How's your caffeine consumption? Do you smoke? Sometimes, that can trigger seizures too.... the only thing that I can suggest is that you tell your doc. Let him know that the number of seizures is going up, not down. He'll probably want to either up your med, add a med, or change your meds. Ask your doctor about adding magnesium to your diet. Then, I'd start taking magnesium. I started taking Magnesium to help my meds out (it's a relaxant...) and it helped. I take 1000 mg a day. So I take 500mg. in the morning, and 500mg. at night. you'll know if you're taking too much if you have really loose stools.

Flinnigan - why do you have to be on a Progesterone study? Rebecca's neurologist has given us a prescription for it, because it has been show to help. Why can't she give it a try?

Rebecca is med free, and making the nutritional changes has been the greatest move toward control yet. Neurofeedback has helped stabilize the brain, but it wouldn't have happened if we hadn't changed her food choices. IMO

This therapy isn't holistic. It is a prescribed pharmaceutical ordered by Rebecca's neurologist. The insurance covers it. I will find the pubmed page if you need it for insurance reasons.

Do you consume gluten and casein?

Oh thanks that would be great Robin. I just saw my OB she could prescribe it also, right? I used to see an allergist and tested clean for gluten and casein, which was a big relief. I do test positive for molds so that leaves out anything fermented. The day she told me I defiantly went home and ate a whole jar of pickled beats. I did allergy shots for a little over a year and haven't had any attacks since. I just got out of the bath and am feeling a lot better. I guess it was just a bad day. Thanks for letting me vent. We should have moved this over to the padded room I guess.

Why does the ketogenic diet seem to work so much better for kids? I try to stick to a hypoglycemic diet. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom