When you drop a pill

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
When you drop a pill why is it always the smallest one you take and then you spend forever looking for it?

Why can't I ever drop one of the big ones and when I look down it's right there in front of me?

I think it's because I take so many. I don't dump them all out of the pill case at once but it seems it's always that little one that falls out of my hand and goes somewhere.....

I think it's because I take so many. I don't dump them all out of the pill case at once but it seems it's always that little one that falls out of my hand and goes somewhere.....

A pill organizer may help. Open up, dump it into your mouth & drink some water

When I drop a pill it's usually a controlled substance. I have learned to keep only a few in a bottle and the remained in another bottle.

I dropped one once when my son was 8 months old, and at the stage where he would crawl around and pick up every tiny speck he found on the floor and eat it. I had to sweep many times a day back then. It was a tegretol and I COULD NOT FIND IT. My ex and I looked for hours, and finally called poison control to see what would happen if he found and ate it, and they said we really had to find it. Eventually we did--it had rolled sideways into this tiny little slit next to the refrigerator!!

From the title of this thread I was expecting quite a different topic :p

I have the same problem with the broken in half 50mg lamictal I take twice a day. I refused to increase from 100 to 150, but as the NHS computer system can't prescribe 25mg of it, I get a month's worth of 50s and split them with a razor.

I don't use a pill box (although they're a great idea- I'm just stupid) so I'm always losing the second half. There must be loads spread about on my bedroom carpet- most likely under my bed lol

Great thread title though- made me smile :)

Last edited:
Get a pill splitter. You place the pill in the splitter box and close the lid. the blade cuts the pill in half and it is contained inside the box. No more flying pills.

When you drop a pill why is it always the smallest one you take and then you spend forever looking for it?

Why can't I ever drop one of the big ones and when I look down it's right there in front of me?

Don't feel bad, we all drop a few pills sometimes. A couple times I was lucky enough that the pill(s) fell into my beard.

Something like this, just not so extreme. :)

13yfqs5.jpg

I dropped one once when my son was 8 months old, and at the stage where he would crawl around and pick up every tiny speck he found on the floor and eat it. I had to sweep many times a day back then. It was a tegretol and I COULD NOT FIND IT. My ex and I looked for hours, and finally called poison control to see what would happen if he found and ate it, and they said we really had to find it. Eventually we did--it had rolled sideways into this tiny little slit next to the refrigerator!!

I have two cats and I think at times they are worse at finding things than kids might be. I'm always afraid when I can't find a pill that I've dropped that one of the cats will find it and eat it. So when I drop one I always make sure I find it. I even usually have to shut my cats in another room until I find it because they love to 'help' do thing with me!

Glad it made you smile SlimBlue, that's what I wanted to do!

I have a seven day pill box and I just pop my pills in my mouth and down when a sip of water.

I was going over a couch once my mother gave me and I found all kinds of pills in it from years past.

Hmmm, I hate it when the pill rolls away so far that you have to get up to retreive it.

:piano: :pop:

I have a seven day pill box and I just pop my pills in my mouth and down when a sip of water.

I was going over a couch once my mother gave me and I found all kinds of pills in it from years past.

Same thing with me. You should have seen all the pills in the couch! I probably wouldn't have needed to go to the pharmacy for awhile if I was still taking some of those meds. :roflmao:

One of my morning pills is a tiny white tablet. I pop it in my mouth first to make sure I don't drop it with all the other pills (big capsules) I take. Or at least that is my theory. The other morning I was taking it but instead of going in my mouth it slid out of my fingers.

It landed on the floor, ON IT'S SIDE!!!

It's hard enough to find a tiny white tablet on the floor but who expects it to be standing vertical? I'm looking for a tiny white dot and remembering this thread as I pick up all the little stuff that has fallen (note to self: clean the floor!). Almost gave up looking when I happened to notice it standing there laughing at me!

I do have a 7 day pill box but I take so many pills I'd need 6 of them, 3 for my am pills and 3 for my pm pills. If I put too many pills in my mouth at once I gag on them and spit them out, which I have done.

I have dropped one of the biggest pink pills I take before too and spent a good bit of time looking for it.

I normally take my pills in the living room where the carpet is, not the hard floor. My theory is that if it falls it won't roll far because of the carpet. Doesn't always work though.

I wonder how many pills I'd find under my couch too if I moved it?

I do have a 7 day pill box but I take so many pills I'd need 6 of them, 3 for my am pills and 3 for my pm pills. If I put too many pills in my mouth at once I gag on them and spit them out, which I have done.

I have dropped one of the biggest pink pills I take before too and spent a good bit of time looking for it.

I normally take my pills in the living room where the carpet is, not the hard floor. My theory is that if it falls it won't roll far because of the carpet. Doesn't always work though.

I wonder how many pills I'd find under my couch too if I moved it?

my cleaning help has to pull out refrigerators and ranges every time they clean an apartment. There are lots of pills under the appliances here,

Back
Top Bottom