Who has Epilepsy?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
There are many famous people with Epilepsy.

I discovered 5 today I had not known about.

Dionne Sisiters

51RFM1588GL._AA240_.jpg

I watched "Million Dollar Babies" last night. It covers the life of the quintuplets up until they go back to their parents at age 9. My curiosity drove me to the internet to read more about them and what happened to them in their adult life.

quintathospital.jpg

In their book, Family Secrets, Cecilie, Yvonne, and Annette Dionne reveal that after a seizure, Emilie [age 20] had rolled onto her stomach, and unable to raise her face off of a pillow, accidentally suffocated

In 1998, after many years of refusal by the provincial government to heed the pleas of the sisters, now in their 60s, living in poverty and all epileptic, the government of Premier Mike Harris gave Cecile, Yvonne, and Annette Dionne compensation of a lump sum of four million Canadian dollars for the years of Quintland exploitation. A provincial inquest into their case and childhood treatment was also promised

In spite of the fact that these children were the biggest attraction in Canada in the 1930's (bigger than Niagra Falls and Shirley Temple) I had not seen one word mentioned about their epilepsy. Of course I realize at the time, things like that were often kept hidden.

Last edited:
I was sent a heap of information on epilepsy including this sheet on different famous people (both dead & alive) who had epilepsy. Some of you may not have heard of some of the people with an * next to their names because they're Australian. I hope it's clear enough to read because the original sheet was bright yellow lol & I had to minimise it a bit to fit better :).

famous.jpg

Last edited:
Mozart?

Interesting that Mozart is NOT in the list, huh?...since it's his miusc specifically being touted as the most popular choice for combating neurological dysfunction.

I saw the movie....he was a whack-job!
:pfft:

Honestly, though...and not limited to HIS music of course...I FIRMLY believe there's something there!
:)

Interesting that Mozart is NOT in the list, huh?...since it's his miusc specifically being touted as the most popular choice for combating neurological dysfunction.

I saw the movie....he was a whack-job!
:pfft:

Honestly, though...and not limited to HIS music of course...I FIRMLY believe there's something there!
:)
I'm sure there are a lot more famous people with epilepsy who weren't on the list I posted lol.

A few weeks back I was looking on a site for some information on Elton John. I didn't find out the info I was looking for but did see that Elton John has epilepsy.

Back
Top Bottom