WHY am I being passed around????

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I did say neuropsychiatrist, not neuropsychologist. The neuropsychiatrist will distribute meds, not the neuropsychologist, but I have been to both. The neuropsychologist just puts you thru all kinds of tests to see how you function and what kind of therapy one could use.

I'm sorry, I meant that, just typed it wrong. :):):) Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions and feedback.

It is a breakdown in communication. It's true. I blame myself partly for having multiple opinions and going to different hospitals. My gp is the only one who is sent all the records but sometimes they are incomplete.
I tried to get immediate help but it turns out I need specialized help and therefore the wait is longer.

Cint, I would love to see a neuropsychiatrist but I need to be referred to one and my neurologist has to feel that I require one for that to happen.
He is a neurologist but he specializes in epilepsy as he runs epilepsy clinics at the "big city" hospital that is closest to me. But I will ask. It can't hurt to ask! August 2nd isn't too far away now I guess and that is when I see him next.

Thornton...I know you have certainly dealt with this same issue. I'm glad they have finally diagnosed you with both but the medication is a roller coaster ride, isn't it? And they toss you back and forth. I hope you get your magic combination soon and get things under control.

Julie wishes...thanks for the practical advice for going for walks and cutting back on carbs.
I do have to be more careful with how I eat. I've lost even more weight due to a lack of appetite and I'm sure that doesn't help.

I've settled down now a bit and am resigned to my situation. It was just a slap in the face today, that's all. I thought things were progressing but I've come full circle.

One day at a time. One hour. One breath. Not every moment is all bad and I have to try to keep things in perspective and take a step back and look at the big picture.

Thanks again.

LJ- its never a fun ride one day at a time is all we can do is breath my friend!
I'll never get the anti deppresants since they lower the seizure threshold according to my shrink here in the gold ole USA and as she put it AEDS have mood stabilizing prop so I have to get out of the AEDS what i can, hopefully you my friend can get a better answer up north than i can down south!
sending good thoughts your way!

Mike

LJ... glad you are doing somewhat better this afternoon..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom