Wish Me Luck Guys!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Elaine : If I could do cart-wheels, I'd be doing 'em for you right now. That is absolutely fantastic news, and OBVIOUSLY the job couldn't have gone to a better person - so a HUUUUGE well done from me :clap: .....I can't believe they rang you sooo soon after the Interview ?!?....this kinda thing usually takes employers AGES to make a decision on, but I guess when they're onto a good thing, it just makes complete sense that they pick up that phone and call you. (I find it funny that you don't know how much you'll be earning....that was biting away at me at my interview (hehe), but judging by the job - the payback you'll receive will be from the pupils, and their learning from such a special person like yourself....money doesn't count when it comes to achievements like that). Here's to you and your future :woot:

So, as for me ?....well, it coulda started better in all honesty - I think I was thinking too much last night before bed, so I couldn't get off to sleep properly, and then the sz had me! <damn things>

Getting up this morning, I had that 'extra' feeling of tiredness, but just thougth - stick a smile on yer face, and do the best you can.

I turned up 40 minutes early :roflmao: .....oh, thank God for McDonalds - there was one nearby, so I popped over and grabbed a coffee to try and liven myself.

By the time I got back to Audi, I think the caffeine had settled into the bloodstream and got rid of that 'aaaargh' feeling, so that I could focus on the Interview.

The office seems a real nice place - it's a family based company who own three Audi franchises, and the one I'll be working for (if I'm as lucky as Elaine) does all the accounts.

All in all, the job sounded really cool. It's nothing TOO extreme for my brain to handle, and it'll be working for a car company, so what more could I ask for ?....they're also interested in looking after their staff, and one off the first things I'll be doing is going away on a 2 day break to a place where they tell you the complete history of Audi (stop yawning ladies !)....as I love cars, this'll just be perfect for me.

I think as it was my first interview in 4 years (and the circumstances of last night!!), I didn't do too bad. By what it sounds, there are only two off us selected for the interviews, and I was the first she'd seen - she would be seeing the other one later Today.

And to finish it off - she'll be dropping me a text Tomorrow (as I can't take calls in the workplace since Bossman, aka idiot, has clamped down on ME and phone calls) to let me know if I've been successful, and get me in for a 2nd interview.

So, I'll be sleeping with my fingers crossed tonight.....this'll just make my weekend if all goes well.

But in the meantime - congratulations to Elaine, you deserve it girl :dancing2:

congratulations.gif

Hello Elaine~:clap:

I am so happy for you. That is such great news. I needed some good news. Things have been crazy on this side. I have been jumping for show now. LOL..
:woot::banana::banana::brock::bjump::wave:

Congratulations Elaine that is terrific news. New challenges and adventures ahead - sounds like you have been waiting a long time for something just like this. Best of luck

Hi Guys

Thank you so much for all your best wishes and kind words! I start this coming Monday, and I can't wait!! To start with, I shall be looking after a 14 year old girl who only has partial hearing, and has had a Cochlea implant, so we shall be able to talk all about head surgery and compare scars and stuff!

I have however had several auras and complex partial seizures since being offered the job, and all of us with epilepsy are only too aware that stress, worry, anticipation etc, can cause our epilepsy to worsen, I'm not consciously nervous, but of course I am really kean to get in there, get stuck in, and help this young girl out, I want to do a good job!There are also several kids there with epilepsy, so we'll see, it wouild be fantastic to get them to look after too, watch this space eh? They were really cool about my epilepsy too, not a problem!

I'll let you all know how it goes when I get home after my first day, and thanks again for all your best wishes and support! I hope TeeTees does as well, I'm sure he'll get it, but you must let us know as soon as you hear mate ok?

Best Wishes

Lotsalove
Elaine x

Elaine - this sounds like a win-win situation. You win with a rewarding job and they win getting an employee with your unique perspective and dedicated attitude. Great job. :clap:

TT - Best of luck. That sounds like a great position for you as well.

Cartwheels for both of you.

Hi Guys

I'm just home from my first day at school!! Wow, it was great! But guess who had a "wobbler" at home this morning before I left, and then one in the staff room at lunch time! I was ok, just me getting myself worked up and worried about going somewhere new on my own, and meeting new people etc! I do love to meet new people, it's just me at the moment, it freaked me out a bit though! I found myself in the toilets with chutney all down my left breast, I must have dropped my sandwich when I had the Complex Partial Seizure. That aside, I really did enjoy it, the girl that I'm looking after is sweet, I told her about my recent brain surgery and showed her my scar, I think that made her feel better following her cochlear implant!

I'll keep you all posted as to how I get on, and thanks again for all your support, I am very grateful!!

Lotsalove

Elaine xx

Wooo hooo!!!

YEAH FOR YOU!!!

I'm soooo happy for you!!!!

This is just too cool.................:clap::clap::clap:

Hi Guys

I'm just home from my first day at school!! Wow, it was great! But guess who had a "wobbler" at home this morning before I left, and then one in the staff room at lunch time! I was ok, just me getting myself worked up and worried about going somewhere new on my own, and meeting new people etc! I do love to meet new people, it's just me at the moment, it freaked me out a bit though! I found myself in the toilets with chutney all down my left breast, I must have dropped my sandwich when I had the Complex Partial Seizure. That aside, I really did enjoy it, the girl that I'm looking after is sweet, I told her about my recent brain surgery and showed her my scar, I think that made her feel better following her cochlear implant!

I'll keep you all posted as to how I get on, and thanks again for all your support, I am very grateful!!

Lotsalove

Elaine xx

So happy to hear you're doing well Elaine.....must've been a real stressful day Today, being first day and all that.

I'll give you 10/10 for trying, but could do better in the sz department :roflmao:

I hope you have a better day again Tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after.....I can't type no more ;)

You're one of the strongest, bravest, most incredible people I've ever met in my life!

Back
Top Bottom