Worry

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MajorT

New
Reaction score
Is it possible to induce a seizure by worrying about having one? The trend of seizures in my life seem to come every six months or so, maybe I talk myself into having one. I know stress can lead to a seizure. How do you guys calm your selves?

256px-Happy_Happy_Joy_Joy.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seriously, IMO, yes, it could play a part. I wouldn't think it was the sole or dominant factor though unless you are just really anxious/stressed about your pattern/timeline.

You can do yoga or tai chi every day and see if that keeps you calm. I walk 80 blocks and do yoga daily.

Riva

I think anything is a possibility. I have seen some very stressed out people and given my building block theory it could topple the stack. I think though it is one element of many. Some which you may not even know about. I think the body is a marvelous machine when working properly, and stuff is going on within that system that we are unaware of. My belief is that diet, sleep, exercise all effect your stress levels. There are wonderful forms of exercise that are aimed at reducing stress, calming rather than endurance.

Riva - I am impressed with your discipline. I applaud you.

I've been told on a few occasions that I am a "High Strung" person. I think a good massage or time to meditate may be beneficial. Its just so hard to fit it in to the busy life style that we as a society have adopted.

At the library you can find a good yoga or tai chai book that only takes 10 mins a day.
Check it out you will be surprised!!!!!!!!!

Riva

At the library you can find a good yoga or tai chai book that only takes 10 mins a day.
Check it out you will be surprised!!!!!!!!!

Riva

on Dishnetwork Satellite TV they have a new channel its called Veria TV Natural Wellness Channel they have at all times of the day yoga and other advice for relaxing the body and mind...

http://www.veria.com/

love angel

Back
Top Bottom