Yet another question about Lamictal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it messes with blood flow? I've developed a pain in my foot, which I've attributed to pushing myself a bit hard with running; however, I've also noticed random bruises, and the bottom of BOTH of my feet are purple (even the one that doesn't hurt). The one that DOES hurt has more purple spots, though neither of them hurt to the touch, so I don't know if they are bruises or not. I've also developed a couple of larger bruises, though they don't hurt to the touch... same thing. And of course, I have random rashes, but they aren't bad, and are quite small (but I all ready knew that was a side effect).

RunningGirl85

The random bruising is the Lamicta, I get that as well. Yes you need to get regular blood work done but I never heard of it affecting the blood flow.

Rashes and unusual bruising or bleeding can be a sign of an allergic reaction to Lamictal. have you mentioned them to your neurologist?

Hmmm.. well the rashes are very small and the bruises are light (maybe just bruising easily? ) but I will ask at my appointment next week. Unless it gets worse.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

it makes me get briuses up to 30 on my legs b4 now.my skin is awful sure it lamitical,i must get blood test done

That sounds awful... My bruising seems to be less than it was a week ago (I dunno, maybe I was walking into things?) Though I still have the random bruise on the top of my foot, but it's shrinking.

NOW, I'm having REALLY bad mouth pain, to the point it woke me up several times last night. I have no idea if it's related to my medications, but I know some can cause issues with the gums/teeth/etc. It came out of nowhere a couple of days ago on the tooth that had formerly had a root canal, so I went to the dentist yesterday who did x-rays and we're REdoing the root canal, but now it's on the entire left side of my mouth and is getting worse everyday :( Bleh. My body is just freaking out on me. So frustrating...

I think Lamictal isn't one of the ones that affects teeth and gums (isn't hasn't been a problem for me, whereas Dilantin definitely was), so this may just be a case of bad timing. On the other hand, Lamictal may affect your immune response, so if the dental stuff is related to an infection there might be some connection in that sense...

Anyway, I hope you can get the root canal over with quickly.

Nakamova, thanks, I didn't think Lamictal or Keppra affected the mouth, but I was definitely thinking more along the way of immune responses, since it also appears I may have some sores or something (I think that happened to me once when I was really young - about six or so - and it was REALLY painful). I have no idea what is up with my body, but it's frustrating me. I've noticed that what I thought was "bruising" on my foot is probably low blood circulation... the toes are cold to the touch and the blue/purplish color goes away when I soak in warm water, as does the pain. I know this is ALSO probably unrelated to seizure meds... I'm just frustrated. It's something new every week, and now I haven't even been able to run because of the darn toe area, which is usually my therapy to help deal with all the other things. I guess at least I'm not having seizures - that is a plus :)

omg i lost 5teeth and wake up in the night my mouth so uncomfortable...i never sure in bruises are due to seziours or lamictal they not so bad as they first were..i have very low blood pressure to point of feeling dizzy cud lamicle do this

Back
Top Bottom