The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

oh yeah, cujo is about a st bernard dog that kills a few people

yes, i am trying to work on the flap of my bag, taking my time cutting my fabric. went out to a bar tonight to it was a friends birthday party.
I have two more colors to cut. I may finish one tonight and start on the second tonight

Matchu,

Tribbles are from the original Star Trek series, from the "Trouble With Tribbles" episode. Tribbles are round balls of fur that coo and purr and lull the humans around them into a calm, peaceful state. Tribbles hate Klingons and screech when they are near one. Vulcans think tribbles are useless because all they do is eat and make more tribbles - Vulcans are pure logic and no emotion, so they aren't affected by the tribbles' soothing nature.

One tribble was bought by an unknowing victim on a trading station and brought aboard the Star Ship Enterprise, before anyone knew that they reproduced asexually and therefore prolifically. They also ate everything in site. Bones (the ships doctor) said that they were born pregnant, so they had quite the head start. At first people thought they were cute. But the more they were petted and the more they ate, the faster they multiplied. Soon the whole ship was overrun by thousands of tribbles. They exploded exponentially. Tribbles, tribbles everywhere. No one knew what to do.

Unfortunately, the Enterprise was carrying a full cargo load of Quattro Triticale, a special grain bred to grow well in... oh, shoot. Can't find the word. You know, when there is no rain and the earth is dry and won't grow things and people starve? What's the word????? Help me out, here. Well, anyway, the grain grows in those conditions.

Anyway.... the cargo hold is full of quattro triticale, and a tribble finds its way into the cargo hold. It starts eating and multiplying, and before long there are hundreds of thousands of tribbles in that cargo hold, and no grain. They ate every last kernel. And made as many more tribbles as could possibly fit in there. Packed tight. Needless to say, the ambassador to that country was pretty pissed off about his grain.

I can't quote the Star Date from the beginning of the episode, so I guess that makes me a Trekkie-Wannabe, not the real thing. Thank goodness. Lol....

You are now an expert on Tribbles.

If there was a "Thank you" button for posts in this room, I'd be clicking it.

Thank you!

Oh! Court, I forgot to ask....

How do you cut fabric into an original design, work around a broken hand, and post in the forum at the same time? You are amazing!

~You are the undisputed King of multi-tasking~

:)

Oh! Court, I forgot to ask....

How do you cut fabric into an original design, work around a broken hand, and post in the forum at the same time? You are amazing!

~You are the undisputed King of multi-tasking~

:)

carefully

I actually slept last night, for the first time in I don't know how long. I took sleeping pills. Now I'm still so groggy in the morning that I can't function. It's like still being drunk from partying all night with none of the fun. It's sunday. Good day to lay around in bed until late.

You actually slept? Wooot!

Maybe that will kick start your brain into needing sleep again. I was up til 3am in the morning last night... Well, i say that, but really my brother was texting me at 3am. He works night shifts so he obviously didn't realise how late it was ¬.¬

Court,

What great photos! Thank you for sharing!

Well, I slept again last night. Took a sleeping pill. Can't keep doing that because they are addictive. I'm just so sleep deprived I think it was making me hallucinate. I thought they were seizures, now I wonder. Extreme lack of sleep can do that, too, and I'd call 2-3 hours a night pretty extreme.

Starting to feel human again...

Wow... from healthy, to a cold, to a chest infection in one day! That must be a new record for me.

Not sleeping because of the coughing. So tired though. Oops, also just remembered that i forgot to take my meds tonight. Does 4 hours make much of a difference? Well, we'll soon find out.

Yup, think i will go swallow a load of cough linctus and head to bed *yawn* I could count the cobwebs on the ceiling that i missed when i was vacuuming earlier. Mind you, can't see them without my glasses on. Pffft... actually i'll just read til i fall asleep.

Wait, am i making any sense at all here?

Alrighty, 1.28am and i have a busy day tomorrow. No rest for the wicked, eh? (even if i do feel like crap and look like i have two black eyes from the dark circles under them!) Nighty night!

Back
Top Bottom