The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Awwww, Court. You have friends. You have us, and we aren't too shabby friend-wise. :)

I'm up. Again. My head hurts so bad. My eyes are so blurry and really hurt today. I'm typing by touch to give my eyes a rest, but have to use them to read stuff. I'm afraid to take a sleeping pill again tonight. I don't want to be one of those people who ends up addicted to prescription pain meds. Like Rush Limbaugh, Ozzy Osborne, Lindsay Lohan, Courtney Love, OJ Simpson, Winnona Ryder. And we all know what it's done to them. It can ruin a life. Also Chevy Chase, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Matthew Perry, Anna Nicole Smith, Brittany Spears.

Need I say more? I only take sleeping pills a max of 2x a month. Same with painkillers (hyrdocodone).

Maybe I'm paranoid about it, but I really am scared of the stuff. I know lots of people in here take them and are just fine, and their life is made better because of them. My doc is frustrated because he wants to prescribe something more to help me with the side effects, but I've told him that I'm not likely to take it, at least not often. Should I loosen up? Am I alone in this thinking?

Out of curiosity, am I the only one that's on a slew of drugs prescribed just to help stay on the seizure meds, and lessen the side effects? I'm only on three drugs that are meant to treat my disorders (seizures and IIH). The rest (and there are about 10) are to treat the drugs' side effects! lol...

Sighhhhh... I can't sleep. Really can't sleep. The white/blue light of the screen isn't helping, so I'll log off for now and stick with the old-time soft yellow light. Maybe I'll burn some time by giving my dog a nice full body massage. Lucky, lucky dog.

Last edited:
I have friends to :p
who happen to be up to
at 3am cst
i am just on tegratol, and carbamazapine, I deal with fact most of my body hurts at moment. dont talk about it much except for here.

Are you still in pain from your fall? I am so sorry. How is your hand doing?

<<<hugs>>>

just in pain in general.
plus my hand still hurts.
I have a torn left rotator cuff and my neck is swollen. and I have back issues. (we get into the tmi zone normally i hold myself with my right hand, but since it is broken. The gf was making request this morning. I was holding myself up with my left hand and elbow. So all of that hurts a little more than usual.)
So both hands wrist and sholders hurts and my sides hurts
Such is life. :)

Hey Court

How's it going? Sorry to hear about the pain...... Is it still from the hand, or elsewhere? I STILL think you oughta get that hand checked out. You don't want it to set the wrong way......But, that's just ME and my humble pie opinion *grinning*

And Court, you've always got us to come to if you ever just need to other than your other friends. We're always a click away. :)

Endless, I

understand where you're coming from about the meds. I don't like taking them, either, and I have a slew of them as well.......though I refuse to take most of them because they cloud my thinking too much. I am pathetically STUBBORN.

Sometimes, I drive my doctors up the bloomin' wall...I go in with a problem, wanting a solution, but won't take their obvious one (drugs). At first they throw up their hands, THEN they begin to think. Hehehe. I make them WORK for their money.......

If you all could only SEE the medicine bag that I've collected over the last couple of years. HA. You'd fall over laughing.

I will figure something out, I get it taking taking care later on in the week. I have a whole list of upper body injuries I need looked at right now the hand is just the newest, and i have had liver and kidney failure in the past recently.. So I really can't take pain killers at all. I am prone to it happening again.

After racing, wrestling, several years of poor choices, My body looks like several miles of bad roads.

Last edited:
looking at pics from the mardi gras parade.
didnt take many, my camera doesnt like water at all, and it was a decent rain.

You went to Mardi Gras? How FUN!

I saw pics of the rain and flooding on TV. People wading through calf high water in the street. Like N/O hasn't seen enough flooding in the last decade.

Go get yourself fixd up, Court. Putting it off can mean its harder to fix later, or you might just be stuck with it if you wait too long.

I'm doing laundry, dishes, picking up and dusting.... The headache, ringing in my ears, blurry vision is driving me nuts. So I got up and did stuff just to prove to myself I could. Dumb. H/A, vision much worse. Docs keep saying we're going to try to fix this but it's going so slowly. Titrating up on Diamox...very low, very slow (at 125 now, up 125 every two weeks, need to get to 750-1200)

My dog is cuddling me right now and that makes things sooooooo much beter. He is warm. Right now he's giving me a look - "will you just go to bed alread?"

man I have a head ache

img_3559.jpg

there is also a layer of white fabric cut out under the paper

img_3560.jpg

I still have a lot of cutting and sewing to go

Mmmm,

yeah, I'd say so, Court.

What is that going to be? I can't tell by the pictures, and I usually can. I like the squiggles though. They'll make for a lot of interest.

How are you feeling today?

It's based on Hokusai's painting of The Wave, right?

*slapping forehead*

If I'd looked a little closer, I would have realized that was a wave! This stupid headache (lost count of the number of days) is making it impossible to recognize simple things........

That's going to look really neat, Court. I LOVE IT!

Court, sorry about your headache. They stink.

Night before last I went to an all-night movie theater. I finally saw black swan. Twice.

Last night scares me. I can't remember it. At all. The last thing I remember was coming home around 5pm from some errands. And that's it. Came home, then next thing I know I was waking up this morning. I don't understand that. I've had memory gaps before, but they have always either been 10 min or under, or been long term memory from weeks to years ago. I don't want to call my neuro - he'll think I'm neurotic. Nothing he can do about it. I just feel so scared about it.

Endless that doesn't sound good. Do you think lack of sleep could be contributing to that?

1am here. Tired and have a thumping headache but i'm feeling really down tonight. Not too much detail because of site rules, but i'm settling for a glass or five of rum and cola and some heavy rock music.

The budgie is sitting next to me on her cage munching away at her millet spray. My attempts to train this one have been completely unsuccessful but at least it's company.

Maybe i feel down because i remembered today about a website i set up in college. This was years before my epilepsy was diagnosed although i already had a lot of what i now know to be partials and absences.

I looked it up today. On it i talk about my plans for going to university, for moving back to Ireland, generally plans for the future.

Well, i did move back to Ireland but it didn't work out because i started having tonic clonics and couldn't deny any longer that i had a problem, so i moved back to England to my parents. I never got to university. Such a waste.

Well, more than halfway through the bottle of rum now, and not many cigs left. Looks like i will have to go to bed soon.

My, what a "classy" lady i am =/

Back
Top Bottom