The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I know... I guess we're lucky to have parents who have been together since they were 13 and 15. It's not very common.

Endless, I am trying to remember what I said about bone pain...I have a mind like a steel trap. Traps everything out that is.

I get aches and pains, but think it's just old age arthritis type stuff and flares if I'm on my legs too much. It was grueling for a few days.

DH came home last eve. Major nursing around here, but that is ok. He is doing well. I actually got sleep last eve because now he can move around somewhat in bed by himself. I slept light, aware of what was going on, but sleep nontheless.

Hard part of it all was trying to keep his business running. He is workaholic and transferred all that stress to me, and like a dummy I tried to take over and compensate. I have neither the technical knowledge or the respect of all the male subcontractors to do what I say (me being female) to do what husband does effortlessly. Right now he is in manager mode from bedside and things are running smoothly once again.

I have pretty much determined this was the greatest stress I've been in for maybe 20 years and my brain sailed through things. I was very concerned about it all but did ok, so I guess I'm ok with stress now. I'd always wondered.

Oh, Court.........

I'm soooooo sorry. Wanna join the Headache Club? LOLOL.

i figured they were just kinda ausumed if you were a member,

just go

on over and start posting, darlin'..........there's a whole separate thread.....

Lol... the fun never ends for us, does it? So many side effects/symptoms, so little time to post.

Sorry about your headache, C0urt. Headaches are the WORST.

How is your hand feeling?

it is nice to have people who care, probably more than me,
i have been sleeping on it lately, so it has been giving me grief.

Just got back from hospital and not sleepy.... yawn.... just checking in ....
zzzzzzzz....
its 6:16 am . have been up most of the night last night as well and now my sleep cycle is *&^*^ed.

it is 6:50pm here, and I am putting off getting dressed for a birthday party.
so you always have us

sleep for me seems to be easy to achieve while the sun is out and the evenings I am a slave to my mind. Whether it be art or writing that is when it usually gets done. I have been showing in art galleries since last November I think it was. What a great time it has been chatting with other artist. Houston, Texas has some great artist ready to blow up. I have been getting great reviews at the shows and like to be a fly on the wall while others view my paintings. Typically I am shy around strangers and can have seizures due to too much noise and things going on. This is not the case at the gallery, I have no problem approaching strangers. It is a bit fun as I can play different characters and sometimes do. hee hee

1.05am. I was exhausted earlier and went for a snooze after quite a few partials whilst out with my brother. Only woke up again at about 8 or 9pm after my mum had been trying to wake me for an hour or so. Feel tired again now but got a lot rattling around this ole brain of mine :p at least I don't have to worry about getting up for work!

Drarvndr! Welcome back! We haven't seen you in so long. How are your seizures doing? How is work? I'm just happy to see you. :)

Matchu - FABULOUS that you are getting your work shown in galleries. I wish I was there to see them. You are very talented. I think all good things will come for you. I have to admit, though. I'm envious of the people who ended up with your palm frond mask. Hmmmf. :sw:

I was going to post this later when I'm up in the wee hours of the morning, but since I'm in here anyway...

Some good news on my end! I had my appointment with my headache neuro and:
1) I don't have to have another lumbar puncture soon as he had said I did earlier (Yaaaaay!)
2) He is not taking me off the meds for the high intracranial pressure, like he sounded like he was going to do. In fact, we're going to start slowwwwly ramping up again. (wahoooooo!)
3) He didn't push the neurosurgery option today, like he usually does with me. (YeeeeeeHAW!)

Wow. Pretty good day today. Now if someone could take away the ringing in my ears, the headaches, the dizziness, the blurry and grayed out vision, the neck and back pain, the nausea, the seizures, and everything else it would all be going my way! But items 1-3 are enough, to start. I don't have to have it all at once.

:bjump:

Last edited:
I am currently looking at about 15-20 palms fronds, some I have started to paint others I am unsure. I have one that looks like a woman in the nude, and i haven't done anything to it but paint it white. I have another piece that is from the trunk that is absolutely amazing. I will have you know a dear friend of ours on this website was wanting to buy the birds in paradise painting, yet it has been sold to another dear friend. I met another artist at the gallery that is an art teacher and she was interested in the mask. I am going to see if I can be a guest artist one day for her class and show her and the children how I go about creating them, and if it is sunny I can show them my technique with the magnifying glass to burn onto the palm. Also I discovered people will pay me to trim these palms from there tree, and then I can have a class to showing how it is painted on, then sell the finished product. I have created a new market that pays for itself, then pays again and again.

Last edited:
Matchu,

Wonderful! I am so happy for you. You are making art and making the world a better place at the same time. I love it that you are going to be working with kids. I think art opens up the whole world for them.

Oh, My. Palm Frond/trunk Masks - 20 of them??? <she says looking up, hopefully....>

It's 1:30 a.m. Am I all alone in here? Well, not alone I guess. There are 4 members online, including me.

Is everyone's social lives so good that they are out partying past 1am on a Friday night? Or is everyone just passed out from all the seizures and drugs, topped off by work or kids or just life and general?

I've had one of those icky auras that just won't stop. Since about noon today. That horrible feeling of dread/forboding and that awful electrical feeling in my body, head buzzing. I'm in a really fuzzy/muddy/dark/horrible mood. My docs can't answer whether this is a seizure aura or pressure on my brain from the IIH. When I'm like this everything I touch turns to lead. So I just dig my little hole and settle in and stay away from folks until it goes away. Except for you "lucky" folks. lol... It's time to turn my attitude about my bad attitude into a good attitude.

I even searched for a joke to plug in here, but didn't really find anything funny. Bad jokes are like online tribbles. So I'm posting a repeat of my link to tribbles, in tribute. Tribbles are ALWAYS funny.

Followed closely by the "Tribble Dance."

Oh!
A) 1,000,356,832,036,378,273.
B) It didn't on purpose - it just rolled off the pile of 9,323,743,098 other tribbles.
C) A Klingon that hates itself (this is really an insider joke)
D) None.

And if you are up at night and really have some time to burn, watch this episode of Jupiter Broadcasting - it has a segment on Tribbles. It'll help you sleep. Trust me.

These are my people. I love these guys. Note:
  • the plaid shirts with non-matching t-shirts underneath,
  • the badge lanyard he forgot he hung over the microphone (you have to look for it - it doesn't say "microsoft." wonder where he works???),
  • AND, the advice on growing online tribbles, in a mind-numbing level of detail.

Really. This works better than Trazodone. I just watched it again. My eyelids are heavy... I think I can finally sleep now..... zzzzzzz.......

Last edited:
Court, are you working on your backpack/bag, or something else? It looked really cool. Will you post more pics as you go along? :)

Hey, Machu - CUJO?! Well, I guess if you can't sleep anyway, you might as well watch something that makes it impossible to sleep. There's an elegant kind of logic there. :)

P.S. Are you guys old enough, or geeky enough (like me), to know what Tribbles are? lol....

Back
Top Bottom