The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

5.11am.

My mother just came downstairs. she walked by my room and saw the door was open so she came looking for me. She didn't look too impressed at the nearly empty bottle of rum though.

6.35 and there's my dad. He seems genuinely concerned. I better go to bed. Night!

sounds like a rough night, and so did everything that lead that up to it.
sounds like time for a break.
If you are lucky, you will get a nice break. sleep well.

I currently have a couch surfer with me, she sounds like she is is only telling part of her story, and is running something. I got her at the last minute due to last minute planning on her part. She has no luggage and is using a box on the bus that sort of thing.

Guess we will give her tomorrow and see what kind of person she is. Plus she has to deal with me and having sex my gf till tomorrow night anyway, but we havent seen each other in a week. And a house that creaks at night. she does seem a bit uncomfortable out of some of out our guest, poor thing.

Court, you're

sweet for taking someone in like that. I'm sure your gf will understand.....

Lou, I read your other thread. Please read my reply.

Call your doc NOW, okay?

Heading towards midnight again, going to watch some Dark Angel. Endless - I'm going to work on that on Monday. Nothing I can do til then. For now I'm trying to distract myself with anything and everything. No time to think. Well, that's the plan.

Good luck with the plan. I hope you have a good night's sleep tonight after Dark Angel.

2.13am, watching the pilot of Dead Like Me with my brother. I'm tired, but glad of having company other than my parents :) my little brother is probably my best friend.

Best friends ARE great. Even better when they are family, too. I'm going to start calling you "lucky lou." everyone will think you got that nickname in las vegas (or, what is a big gambling town in your country????)

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. But I'm back. Good to see everyone is still here and kicking, even if it is in the middle of the night.

Have you ever watched all those infomercials at night? Right now I'm watching one about a gadget that's supposed to remove hair forever with a hot wire. Sounds dangerous to me.

My neice has been pn school holiday, staying with me for the last few days, driving me around to appointments, straightening up my house. And she's a good cook. It's nice to have a young person with so much energy here. But the driving! She's 16. Nuff said?

Memory issues become severe and my head really hurts. I'm missing hours out of most days, and the rest is kind of fuzzy. I hate it when I don't remember where I went, what I did. I don't trust myself anymore. Apparently I act completely fine in the moment, just don't remember it. It's probably the IIH (pressure on my brain), but I finally saw PCP on mon and called neuro yesterday aft and am going in today. I decided to not let memory freak me out and just go with the flow or I'd go crazy, too. I have signs plastered all over my house about the appt. Looking at one now in the corner of my TV.

Neice was here to "visit" but I think her mom sent her over to keep an eye on me, lol... She comes back next week for a few days. looking forward to that.

Oddly enough, I'm sleeping better. Getting a steady 4-5 hrs a night which is better than the 2-3 I was getting before. That extra 2 hours really helps.

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad you got that appointment, missing time is a more than a little bit worrying! Good luck!

I actually got a full nights sleep last night! I slept for twelve hours and only woke up a couple times :) of course its as a result of all the partials I had last night, but at least one of the twitches freed up the trapped nerve I had in my shoulder. Got a letter from neurologist finally, have an appointment in may.

Anyhoo, St Patricks day today, time to go out and have some fun! X

Well, I'm glad you got that appointment, missing time is a more than a little bit worrying! Good luck!

I actually got a full nights sleep last night! I slept for twelve hours and only woke up a couple times :) of course its as a result of all the partials I had last night, but at least one of the twitches freed up the trapped nerve I had in my shoulder. Got a letter from neurologist finally, have an appointment in may.

Anyhoo, St Patricks day today, time to go out and have some fun! X

Sorry about the partials, but the nerve getting unpinched - just shows there is a silver lining in almost everything.

Wahhhhhhhhooooooooo about the sleep. :)

It's just coming up to midnight, watching comic relief :) I think its on til about 2am. It's a big fundraiser thing. Enjoying the peace and quiet while everyone else has gone to bed and my little brother is at a stag party. (bachelor party)

sorry to sound sexist, several days of dealing with a hormonal gf who is on her period and who has blood sugar issues and is a picky eater. paitence only goes so far.

so stress head aches, simple partials, complex partials and trying to deal with her crying that sort of thing.

tonight is quiet, I am going to lie down, I may be on later boys and girls, but right now is nap time.

Women...

sorry to sound sexist, several days of dealing with a hormonal gf who is on her period and who has blood sugar issues and is a picky eater. paitence only goes so far.

so stress head aches, simple partials, complex partials and trying to deal with her crying that sort of thing.

tonight is quiet, I am going to lie down, I may be on later boys and girls, but right now is nap time.

Hey, Court. I think Lou, Meetz, and I should come live with you, in addition to your gf. Then you'd have four hormonal women, three of which also have seizures. Then you'd REALLY have your hands full. You'd have to get a male cat, just to balance out all the estrogen.

You are having multiple seizures per day? This is not good. :(

My doc prescribed a new sleeping pill for me, and tonight is my first night on the stuff. We'll see how it does. I'll miss you all, but hopefully you won't be hearing from me tonight.

3.36, still awake. Feeling annoyed with things in general. Brother is home now, at least he had a good night. Ok, I'm probably only whinging cos I'm tired. Going to read some before going to sleep. Got a long day tomorrow for final of rugby six nations tournament, everyone else being drunk again while I'm sober might drive me mad.

just woke up had to to eat, better mood decided not to talk to her tonight she will get past feeling lonely when she learns to pay attention.

breakfast has been cereal and milk, night time has had spinach salads. plus what eaver else I want. I feel fine, but it means I have to eat a bit more. :)

Back
Top Bottom