The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

trying to figure out the next step in my sewing my sewing project
squiggles are hard.

Very cool, court. Would love to see more pics as the project goes along. :)

Slept 8+ hours last night. This morning I feel tired. Neuro gave me ambien. Maybe try half instead tonight.

4.35am. Just got back from a headlong midnight run to nowhere. Everyone has gone to bed, they weren't too bothered about where I'd gone to. I'm exhausted, but i don't think there's any way I'll get some sleep. I really need my own place but can't afford it at the moment, even if I thought I was capable of living on my own.

awake, just tired,
started a batch of jello with fruit in it a bit back, it is nice to have something to look forward to. Screwed up my sewing project. placed a piece of fabric in inside out. and it was not as neat as I would like, so I a redrawig and starting that section over.

Hey, Lou. Living with relatives is tough in some ways, nice in others. A place of one's own is really nice - I kjnow how you feel. Right now I'd say they need you at home more than you need them, with little owen at home. :)

Court - I can't really sew, but there have been a couple of occasions where I had to. Once I put the back of a blouse on backwards, so I know how you feel. Seam ripper, anyone? Sorry you have to cut a new peice.

I slept again last night, thanks to the little ambien pill my neuro prescribed. At what cost comes sleep, though? I'm groggy and my brain and body feel really sloppy, if you know what I mean. I drop things and walk a little funny. I think kind of sideways too. Maybe every other night would be a good plan for the sleeping pill.

Sleep?

I've been getting a bit, but last night when I did, I dreamt about my giant anacondas...........

Omg!!!!

All of ya'll have sleep problems too?!!!! That makes m feel alittle better. I'm noticing though that even though you have trouble falling to sleep, you still get to sleep that night. Has anybody had longer stints of sleeplessness. When it starts happening to me.. well... here it is:
I'll have a night and cant get to sleep. Often I just stay up till but 4 or 5 before I'm sleepy enough. I'm more annoyed on this night. If I happen to not fall asleep and stay up th whole night I can pretty much bet that I'm in this for the long haul. Meaning atleast three days. If I hadnt fallin asleep by then, I start to kinda get worried. That three day period can extend in to an entire 7 day week. By that time there is not use being angry or upset. If I dont fall asleep by then the length of time elapsed could be another week or more. I once stayed awake without a wink of sleep for 6 weeks straight. I was a basket case by that time. Has anybody gone through something like that?

my wrist hurts a lot less this time around, so I am making alot more progress. Did about did days worth of progress in 6 hours or so. A bit neater. Used different thread for more contrast.

Still aggravated with the gf, but eh. According to an ex I don't display a whole lot of body language so some people might read it as a lack of affection

I am up. Feeling anxiety I have 2 root canals to deal with in the next 2 weeks and the first one I am having done tomorrow. I am definitely not looking forward to it.

Nighttime-Sleep-time is my least favorite part of the day, being that I have trouble sleeping an tonight is no exception. I often get leg cramps during the night. I have tried taking Magnesium and I still have leg cramps. I am just wondering if the Leg Cramps at nightime are at anyway caused by me taking Keppra. I used to take Carbatrol and I never had the leg cramps then.

Wishing I could just fall asleep easily like some people do.............:rolleyes:

Anyway wishing all of you sweet dreams if any of you can sleep.:e:

sleep is overated :p

Oh I agree. I have never been one to fall asleep easily. For year I worried about having those nocturnal seizures. Now that that is under control.

I still don't fall asleep easily. My best sleep attempt is between 4 and 5 am.

Like right now I am wide awake.

My neeuro says that I think too much. Maybe he's right huh?:dontknow:

:e:

Court, I'm so glad your hand is feeling better! :)

Kah, not sleeping for that long is dangerous, and bad for your seizures. See a doc about it, okay? They have pills that can down an elephant. My doc gave me some, but they make me very groggy all the next day so I don't tend to take them unless my body is running way past empty.

Hi, Eve! Nice to see you in here. Or, I guess, sorry to see you in here. lol...
Leg cramps can be a lack of potassium or calcium.

Here's an article on calcium for leg cramps, even though the experimental group were pregnant! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7282298

Leg cramps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cramp

Lou, I hope you are doing okay. I've been thinking about you a lot. Big hug to you over there. How are you doing?????

Lolol, i

didn't realize I put the word "my" in front of anacondas. I don't own any. I like snakes, they're cool, but I'd never have any, much less a pair of anacondas, especially the size of the ones in my dream. Oh heavens no.

I'm catching about 3 to 4 hours a night these days. But I've still got that blasted headache.

3-4 hours still isn't good, Meetz. Gotta get more. You can do that on command, right? Just snap your fingers, right? You are getting sleeeeeeeepy.... verrrrrrrry sleeeeepy......

Meetz's Anaconda
Meetz's Other Anaconda

I've been getting pretty much getting 2-3 hours a night, with 5 hours thrown in once in a rare while. My doc said it could be causing a lot of other symptoms I thought might be side effects of my meds, like memory problems, and it can make both seizures and IIH worse, so he gave me a scrip for sleeping pills and told me to TAKE them.

I took a pill the last 2 nights, but I'm so "not myself," and groggy and kinda dreaming 24hrs a day that I hate taking them. They make me worthless during the day. It's not like insomnia served me well, either. It made me into a walking zombie. I've decided to go to every other night and see how that goes.

Tonight is a "no pill" night. Fell asleep at 11pm for one hour then woke up. Now it's 2:28a.m. and I'm still not back asleep, and probably won't be. Sighhhh... one hour tonight instead of 3. I blame it on those &$^#* pills I've been taking the last two nights. Tomorrow will be a pill night. Did I get hooked on those things in just one night?

Last edited:
oi, took a bath was eating turkey and stuffing in bed and had grand mal. And of course I am out of clean sheets. rolled around in my dinner
now i cant sleep

Oh, Court. I'm so sorry you had another. But I'm so glad you weren't in the bathtub when you had the TC. I hope the turkey wasn't too hot and you didn't get burned.

Back
Top Bottom