You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Lol Bob :)

If you bail (quickly!) when people say "We're just going to watch a movie. Lights please!" ;p

Lol Bob :)

If you bail (quickly!) when people say "We're just going to watch a movie. Lights please!" ;p

Just discovered a bug in the forum software. Your post is the 1001, but the total post count on the main list is 1000.

Something is not adding up.

@The Bob
I believe it tracks the number of responses, but not the original post, in the display on the forum.
1 original post + 1000 replies. :)

BINGO and ditto seizurrific post #1005

I couldn't put a face on almost every medical personnel I've encountered

I've wound up so many places/hospitals having no idea or scant idea how I've gotten to them, and only usually after several days of strain recollecting

[sarcasm] and it's swell imagining how many people I've probably encountered who've just thought I was some sort of derelict [/sarcasm]

I still have strong emotions regarding my thinking everyone thinks I'm faking - and how can I really have an opinion about something I know nothing about, because I wasn't there to formulate an opinion?

If you actually sleep at sleepovers (I'm zonked by 10pm whenever I'm in a lock-in or something, because of medicine)

You know you have epilepsy....

...If your son wakes you up and tells you to go to bed so he can move from the floor to the couch.

...You need an alarm to remind you to take your 7am/7pm medicine. and when you do you find that you already took your 7am meds, but missed yesterday's 7pm meds. Then realize you were in such a rush to get back to the movie, that you took the wrong meds yesterday. This just happened to me this morning. Sorry if Dup, I haven't read all 34 pages yet, only 4 pages in.

...If you have a list of each grandmal seizure (and other major medical events) you have ever had since 1985, including update information on doctors and dentists, current meds, and contact information. All because you are not coherent after a seizure.

Last edited:
You have to check your vomit to make sure your medication isnt there amongst it.

PMSL NEIL!!! HAHAHA! That made my entire day.

If your friends are professionals at seizure first aid and have taught a few paramedics what to do ;)

............and your friends KNOW NOT to ask you any questions when you come out off it,because its utterly pointless.

Last edited:
............and they KNOW not to ask you any questions when you come out off it,because its utterly pointless.

"do you know what year it is?"

um- a year shy of what I need to sleep right now?

if you see "Question: How can a person deal with seizures when living alone?"
and your first thought is

"you bounce"

When you take a shower because ur cold, then afterward drying off you realize ur cold again, and that the only reason ur in the bathroom is to take a shower. So u end up taking multiple showers not realizing it until ur out of dry towels...

This is pretty much all I remember from a post ictal....

Me: why are there so many telephone poles
Dave: because they hold wires up
Me: but everything's wireless now, why do they need wires?
Dad: wireless lights don't have off switches
Me: what's an off switch?
Dad: it's how lights go on and off, on off on off on etc...
Me: D: do telephone poles want me to have seizures?!??,?,
Dave: I'll explain when your "sober"
Me: why are there do many telephone poles?

When your body is basically one giant bruise from hurting yourself by running into walls, furniture, and tripping over your own feet during, after, and in between seizures.

Last edited:
... you know you have epilepsy if you are laughing your ass off while crying hysterically reading these posts

You know you have epilepsy if you know you have to go up or down a flight of stairs, and the first thing you shout out is "damnit!"

Back
Top Bottom