The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Just curious - why's it called hard cider over there? It's only about 5% alcohol lol.

This is pear magners :woot:

1729-1899-Medium.jpg

In the U.S., ciders with 5% or more alcohol are called "hard" cider. But it's loosely used to refer to ciders with less alcohol. The rules seem to vary quite a bit. Some places won't allow the term "cider" for anything but apples -- if it's made from pears it has to be called something else.

Oh, I see! Here, anything 5% or below is considered as pretty weak. Most beers are around that.

Pear Magners is very yummy :D

hi, have been so a fledging member just been busy creating art to sign on. Well a nice spider bite has slowed me to a crawl... punn intended... oh it hurts and is indeed swollen. Doctor's office didnt seem to care but did send a prescription of anti biotics which i havent got yet because i couldnt walk much less drive. i went tonight but it was closed. I need to post some of my new work to show you, also have been doing some writing as well

Hey, Court,

Your mom meant well. Give her suggestion some thought. The resources are there to help us.

When I was first diagnosed and I couldn't drive, felt like *$&^, was having lots of seizures and was exhausted, I pretty much couldn't cope with everyday life. I thought about moving into an assisted living community. I wouldn't have needed a lot of the help they provided, but would have felt great about having someone to check on me once a day, balanced meals cooked for me, and a free car service to drive me wherever I needed to go. Cost is the only thing that stopped me. If I had the same thing available as you have, I would have gone for it.

Identity theft: Well, I sent a letter into the IRS. I'm not sure it said everything they told me to put in it, but I did the best that I could. Yesterday someone asked me if I had a friend or relative that could have stolen my identity, due to the type of pattern/use of my info. It really upset me, because there is someone. It's a familiy member that I really love, who has a drug and alcohol problem. But it sure would explain the plentiful downloads from iTunes charged to my charge card, the knowlege of my mother's maiden name, the street I grew up on, etc., which are part of security questions to log on to certain sites/accounts.

I hope I have everything all locked down now, with help from some friends. And if it IS my relative, since she messed with the IRS it would be a federal offense. I don't imagine federal prison would be a good experience. If they caught her and I was given a choice I would press charges, hoping that court-mandated treatment would be the sentance. Maybe that would be the "rock bottom" that would make her get help. :(

I'm still up every night, almost all night. But don't have internet at home, so no posting in here to keep me occupied.

Miss everybody and the chatter in here.

Awwww, Endless

I hope you get that horrible mess straightened out. That's just not cool. ((((((((HUGS)))))))

eh,

She walks into my room the next day and ask me if I am working on the forms. to go. I neglect to point out it is a 30 page form and I other stuff to do.

Court, just

what IS your mother's deal? I mean REALLY? *scratching head* She blows my mind. I'm sorry you have to put up with that. :(

She is stress from he life and stuff, and i guess just finally had enough of me. wants to live her own life again. even knowing that, makes it no easier to deal with.

I finally told my dad about it, and that I sold one of my bicycles. He told me he will help how ever he can.

Well its 1:30am and I'm sitting here wide awake when i should be asleep. got a lot of questions running through my head and very few answers. Had a fight with my boyfriend today still stressing over it. Man i wish my brain would just go to sleep already

had planned on slipping into the house quietly so I would not have to deal with my mom,
pissed out in the yard so I would not be traipsing around the bathroom or turning on lights. But my gf wanted to check her oil, so we did that. and I ran into my mom in the common area of the house. She looked lost mostly like she did not know what to say, but I still could have dealt with out it.

I honestly can't sleep now. but thats really about it. I feel not to far off from a seizure from stress. from the past few weeks.

But i have the co-signer papers filled out for two apartments. I will finish with them and apply tomorrow.

She is probably still pissed I didnt say happy mothers days, but it was right after she asked me to leave.

Last edited:
THis is bullshit,
My mom is on the phone with bank telling the reason she couldn't travel to work with her job is because she has a sick child at home after she asked me to leave at the beginning of the month.

Oy! Parents. Well she can't use that excuse for much longer, right?

I can sympathise with all of you while being in hospital these past few weeks I have been dosed up on morphine and god knows wot other pain killers and sleeping tabs with no effect on my sleeping whatsoever . I put it all down to the words of the great man himself garth brooks as he says “ill live when I'm alive and sleep when I'm dead“

Court, are

things starting to get any better for you, or not? I hope so, because you certainly deserve for them to be better!!! *still scratching head at your mother*

Back
Top Bottom