The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I will know on tuesday if i got the apartment or not. until then, lots of waiting.
I will be working front door at my favorite bar on saturday a friend needs some time off, so some time to kill and a few extra bucks.

About drove myself into a seizure tonight because i didnt want to go home, unhappy with my mom and general stress, but what can you do i guess, move on.

the house is too small

I'm sooooo

sorry Court. Things should get better for you soon though. :)

and just to make things interesting, i only got half of my disability this month.

I just bailed my mum and dad out with a thousand pound (about $1600) which I had saved up for a deposit and they never even said thank you. I mean, its not like I want eternal fawning gratitude, just a simple thank you for cancelling off their eviction notice would do. I'll remember this next time they want something.

Can't sleep now because I'm angry. Plus the doc has randomly called me in for an appointment tomorrow morning which is quite unusual, i hope there's nothing wrong.

Court, is there anyone you could call to make sure you get the rest of your money?

I called the social security office. I was garnished child support by the the state of arizona.
They want me to pay back all of the women's and children's support (her food stamps) i think.

C0urt, Lou, good luck to both of you -- I hope you get the money stuff figured out.

Lou, I can't believe your parents didn't thank you -- maybe they were too pre-occupied with their own situation? Anyway I hope they realize how lucky they are to have you, and let you know that soon.

Court, I can't believe the social security office would want YOU to pay back the money paid if it was to your mom. And if they mistakenly paid it to you... what was their reason for saying it was a mistake to pay you?

Your mom is really something. I'm pissed off at her, too. I'm glad you are getting out of there. I think it will reduce your stress by at least 50% to be in another place. Living near/with someone who is chaotic makes your life chaotic, too.

Lou, I'm so sorry your parents took your money and haven't paid it back yet, or said thank you. Here's hopes that they do pay it back very soon. A thousand bucks is a LOT of money.

I still have no internet, so I'm popping in when I can. I hate to whine when you guys have so much heavy stuff going on. Here's my little insignificant problem - night before last I was up with two fear seizures that I think were the worst I've ever had. Doc wants me to repeat the video EEG. That means they'll take me off the lamictal cold turkey. Scared to death, don't want to do it.

Seems pretty risky to stop Lamictal cold turkey -- I think I read somewhere that when you do that it makes it harder to go back on it, or maybe you have to ramp up even slower. (I could be wrong about this, I'll see if I can dig up info either way). Why do they want to do the vEEG?

I haven't been doing well. Still not controlled on meds. Tired all the time. Still no sign of seizures on EEGs. Side effects from meds. Having huge problems with energy, memory, thinking ability, etc. I think that's caused by the IIH, though, not the seizures or meds. I have no info on what he's thinking, really. His nurse just called and said he wanted to repeat it and scheduled it. I see him in a month and I'll ask him about it.

If he keeps me on the lamictal for the VEEG he won't see anything - my seizures are down to about every 2 weeks now, which is great.

I'm scared if they even reduce my lamictal suddenly I'll have a TC. Once that happens there is no going back. It'll probably be a problem for me for life.

What part of this is a good idea for me? None, I think. When I talk with him I'm going to try to reason him out of it.

lamictal never did work for me, good luck with it dear. and you need webs endless.

with the current garnishment I will not be able to afford rent and bills at the place I got.
They took more that half of my disability. I still only have partial details. debating getting the place anyway, and hoping i have it sorted in the the next two months.
Had she acted right went I tried to get info from her when I was applying for disability she would still be getting money and the child would have insurance. instead of this debacle several years later of the state of arizona wanting me to pay back for her assistant when I am busy. and I have no clue how much they paid her.

slow night last night night night boys and girls. Everyone got some sleep?
Last night worked the front door at bar as a favor for a friend. Got home at 4 came home and passed out once I took my socks off.

Don't know what mom was mad about last night that she turned the a/c this morning when she left on a 96 degree day, does little more than make me sick if i sleep through it.

Yep, i'm back. I have internet again, so I'm back in here at ridiculous hours. Lordy, I wish I could sleep.

Saw My Morning Jacket on tv tonight. Had never seen them before. Now eagerly downloading tunes. Circuital (their new albumn) is on vinyl. Yaaaaaay!

They kind of remind me of the bands in the 70's, except they aren't senior citizens. Hope the rest of their music is as much fun. Here's a link, but it's a much mellower song than the one I heard.

Anybody else out there tonight? Anybody up?

I slept last night, but it was a really odd night's sleep! I've had a sore back lately which at first i put down to pulling muscles during two back to back seizures i had last friday, but over the last couple of days i'm not so sure. I'm drinking water/juice/pop anything i can get my hands on constantly, and the pain is at the sides of my lower back. Just could not get comfortable last night and kept waking up. Well, sort of half waking up.

Also, one of my toenails is half ripped off, wonder if i kicked the wall or something in my sleep :ponder:

Would sure be interesting to train a camera on me overnight.

Hope you've managed to get some sleep now Endless, but yay for having the internet back!

I'm doing

so so in the sleep department......and I had been doing better, but the HEAT here is RIDICULOUS!! There's fans going all the time in the house, and the dogs don't even want to go outside. Go figure.

Even taking melatonin's not helping........the heat is a joke. Toss & turn, toss & turn.........hm, there's got to be a joke in there somewhere?

Everyone's complaining its warm here too at night but i'm permanently freezing lol. I've always been that way though :p

People say i've no blood in me haha. I say i should move to the bahamas or to Spain or something, purely for the sun :D

Hmmmmm,

that sounds like a plan to me.

And normally, I"m the one that's always freezing as well, so I don't understand why the heat is suddenly getting to me. Maybe it's just the humidity that's the really irritating factor......

It's only supposed to be 96 with a heat index of ???? today........

Back
Top Bottom