The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Well, it's 3:30. I burned up an hour or so here in the forum reading the new posts. I think I'll just get up now and do some chores. If I can't sleep I might as well be productive.

It's interesting looking outside at my neighbors' homes. Amazing how many have lights on at this hour. Either they start work very early or they are insomniacs like me.

My dog is giving me this blurry-eyed look. "Are you coming to bed NOW? I'm sleepy, for heaven's sake!"

mom just told me to leave her keys, didnt say good bye.

I am moved in. seizures are acting up from moving around and diet changes.
I need my geared bike back, getting used to living in a hilly area. Still don't feel just right.
but happy as I can be.

Yeah for you, Court! I still don't understand your mom, but to each their own, I guess. We all have our reasons.......

Hurray! The move may have been stressful, but it sounds like you will be much better off once you settle in to your own place.

Court,

I am so happy you have your own place! I know the transition is hard, and it's even harder to do all that work with seizures, not to mention the work making seizures worse, but in the end it will be so much better. So much less stress than putting up with your mom's behavior.

Do you like it? What is it like?

i catch myself thinking it all went wrong when I moved out of my own place and will I get there again? Then I realize I am with grandma and that is where I need to be at the moment.

Coming up for 2am again. Worried about Rae but it's not like i'll hear anything tonight anyway.

I better go try get some sleep and then check cwe again tomorrow. Got fostering panel coming round tomorrow to do some assessments, and going back to the gym for the first time in ages.

Night all

I'm worrying about Rae, too. Haven't checked other posts yet tonight.

No internet, Court? You mean voluntarily, right? Ot5herwise you wouldn't be on here. It's actually a good idea to not be on here. I think the computer screen keeps me awake longer.

I'm up. Again. This really is ridiculous. Tonight I've had an Ambien XR, Oxycodone (for killer headache), cyclobenzaprine. And I'm still awake. The IIH (my other neurological condition) has serious insomnia as a side effect. But like I said, this is really too much.

My dog is walking around in circles wth glazed eyes. Poor little puppy. He just needs to curl up and sleep, even though I'm not. Wish we could nap during the day but we can't do that, either. I feel like a walk but it's not safe to do that at this hour. Maybe it'd shake off the *&@#@(! headache.

Gee, I sound really whiney. Sorry.

Matchu, you live with your grandma? That is wonderful! I really believe in multi-generational living arrangements when it works out.

Somebody, please tell me a long, boring story. The kind that makes me yawn.

no internet by choice, still working out my budget and stuff. that whole deal with being garnished by the state of az and stuff.

The state garnished your wages/payments? Oh, man. That's awful. Can they do that? Well, obviously they can because they have. What kind of mistake did they say they made, specifically? Maybe they are wrong about there being a mistake.

they can, in 09 i filed for paternaty when i filed for disabilty so my son would have insurance. when i did az charged me with child support. i fought it. spent a week in the hospital because i was given the wrong meds forget about everything that didnt pertain to me living at the moment. the case sat and boiled, they started taking money

Heading towards midnight again. I'm still up because my dad is drunk and falling asleep in the chair. I just literally caught a lit cigarette as it fell from his mouth.

Said to him to go to bed instead of sitting there falling asleep and he said "Nah, i'm fine". I was like "Well, it looks like i've got to stay up all night to make sure you don't burn the house down with me in it". He replied "Fine, stay up all night", gave me a smug look and lit another cigarette. He's also just gone for another drink, so it looks like i'll be up for a while.

Court, I'm so sorry - what a big extra burden. You got bitten by doing the right thing. :(

Lou, I'm going to be so happy when you are out of that house and you don't have to cover for your parents all the time. I bet it'll help your seizures to be in a more peaceful and stressless environment.

Well its 3.31am and one of our cats has walked in with a pressie for the wife and let it go, so we have just spent the last hour trying to catch this bloomin field mouse and have eventually given up but we know it won't last long in this house when it has 5house cats to get it and if they only chase it into a corner in the kitchen it'll have a large dog crate with 5 young wild tawny owls to contend with so I don't rate its chances of survival do you lol

Poor mouse, not having a good day....

poor mouse.

yeah people keep trying to tell me no good deed goes unpunished.

Yeah poor mouse good job he won't of seen two baby little owls and the long eared owl on the table or he might be having a heart attack lol

1 am for me here & what am i always doing, waiting to hear from my husband that he's on his way home from work , tick tock , tick tock

It's only 11, but considering I have to wake up in just a few hours for work do I qualify to post here?

I just got back a little while ago from my softball games. My ankle still hurts from when I rolled it last week and my shoulder hurts from when I collided with a girl at home the week before. I found out from a few girls on my team that they think I have a high pain threshold, which is kind of odd because I always considered myself a big baby.

Earlier today I went to my Nuero's office. I had a phone consult into his office because I didn't like what the increase of Topomax was doing but they weren't calling me back. Well, it was more like I was unsure. There were parts I didn't like, but if the doc wants me on the drug then I will take it. Either way, the dosage I was on prior to this recent ramp up controlled my migraines almost completely. So I am going back to that dose and adding Vimpat for the seizures. I do have the option to start it after my vacation if I choose. I've read some of the side effects and they make me nervous. So here is the problem, and most likely the reason I am still awake and thinking versus getting some sleep, do I deal with seizures on my vacation, or an unknown side effect, which in all reality the drug may or may not get rid of the seizure anyway?

Oh well...Maybe I will make the decision after my many long 4 hours of sleep if I go to sleep in the next few minutes...

Aicila

Back
Top Bottom