The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've not got a clue what fahrenheit is compared to degrees C lol >.< Got a pain in my stomach as well as back now, and i'm due to be at work in like 2 hours. God i hope it's a quiet night! Don't think i could deal with dodging thrown objects and punches tonight hehe.

Ooh it's just on the news about all the thunderstorms around at the moment. The sky has gone pure purply-black here, hope i don't get caught in it!

We're supposed to hit 91 today. And 98 tomorrow. I'll be cranking the window unit...

Aaaaaaand we're in perfect sunshine again. Bloody british weather. Looks like storm clouds have passed us by, woop!

I found

a converter. It's going to be 35.6 C here today.......and 32.8 where Nak is at....

Wow i wish it was like that here! According to the local weather on my phone it's 15 degrees tops.

I think we had our summer - last friday. (Yup, it's quite possible that's all we're getting lol)

Ummm, you

can have it. It's supposed to be like this all summer.......

And there's the grass-cutting and weed-eating duties that MUST be performed....and of course the neighbors object if you do them really early when it's NOT hot....and the evening's STILL too hot!

Wonder what anyone will say if I just let the lawn grow into a jungle? :ponder:

Ooh do it! You could wear a jungle outfit and prowl around the yard. Tell the neighbours you're hunting for tigers *nod*

Right, well i better go get dressed (still in my pjs at 3pm!) and get ready for work. Wish me a peaceful night!

Hmmmm.....

*scratching head* :ponder:

I just might consider that idea, Lou. :) Hehehe. The kids in the neighborhood would LOVE it.

so so in the sleep department......and I had been doing better, but the HEAT here is RIDICULOUS!! There's fans going all the time in the house, and the dogs don't even want to go outside. Go figure.

Even taking melatonin's not helping........the heat is a joke. Toss & turn, toss & turn.........hm, there's got to be a joke in there somewhere?

The joke must involve the heat, rotating in bed like a spit on the barbeque, and overheated, grumpy, hungry canines..... lol...

wen to bed after 3am central, using today just to take a break from the past few days and take care of a legal matters, sounds like you all had fun last night/this morning.

1.38am. Had an awful night at work. I have a bruise coming up on my ankle at the Achilles tendon, a client grabbed my dislocated thumb and yanked it, they actively took the piss out of my epilepsy and the fact that I can't be on my own with them and I've had to dodge punches and thrown objects all night. I feel like crying, crawling into my bed and never resurfacing. And I'm angry that it affects me so much. Also, looks like I'm being moved at work again. To yet another house within the same company. Not sure if I can keep doing this. The stress is killing me and making my seizures way worse.

Just after 3am. I am so lucky to have my little brother who is pretty much nocturnal. Just chatted with him for over an hour on the phone. I feel slightly better now. I often worry that I'm being a burden though. Going to try for some sleep now.

I just finished chatting with my brother too!

Sleep well, Lou...

up still. head ache, and pulled my shoulder wrestling with the gf, moving tomorrow

Last edited:
yeah, i pick up the keys today.
filled out all the paper work and stuff.
just have to drop it off. going to try to move in mve day, and tell my mom i am moving out.

Was up most of last night with horrible headache. Still have it. Already took my allowed pain meds (only allowed 2 days a week to avoid addiction). Didn't feel like logging on. I see headache neurologist today.

Lou, did anything ever come of the nice cushy desk job you were looking at?

Court, wonderful news about your place! Take pics for us if you can, okay?

How are you doing Endless? Boy there is a reason we stay up isnt there?Ive got a head ache tonight. I'm worried about the VNS. I have a colonoscopy first then the vns. They are both day surgeries. Why am I so nervous? I'm tired of all this stuff. And now they are saying I got over payed or alex did and I have to go and do all this in the DSHS office. All at the same time.Help me Lord!

StillDancing,

Oh, brother. I'm so sorry you have to deal with DSHS. Someone here was also talking about being overpaid. They lived in a different state than you do. It's hard enough to be disabled without DSHS adding more stress on top.

Don't worry about the colonoscopy. They'll drug you up just enough so that you don't care what they are doing. (light conscious sedation) I've had it done and it's really okay.

The VNS... oh, wow. Don't know how you are dealing with that. I'd be nervous, too. Hey, everybody on here. Who has a VNS and can describe how they felt after the procedure? What kind of sedation/anesthesia did they use? I'd start a separate thread on this topic. Definitely worth it's own conversation.

How am I doing? Went to neuro yesterday about IIH (other neurological disorder). Instead of upping the meds that get my CSF pressure under control, he drugged me up with more pain meds. Not the outcome I was looking for. I asked for more meds to lower pressure instead, but he really felt this was necessary. He wants to separate out how much of the pain could be made worse by stress due to the pain (kind of a bad self-feeding cycle), and see if it helps if the pain is 100% under control. I don't want the drugs. Don't want to be drugged up all the time. 'Nuff said?

Otherwise, fine. Seizures are doing pretty well. 300mg lamictal seems to be the magic number.

Hey, drugged up on narcotics and muscle relaxers I sleep like a baby. You guys probably won't be seeing much of me in here at night any more. I keep telling myself that there are lots of 20 years olds who would pay good money to feel like this. lol.... :)

On a side note, I lock my meds up after every dose, just in case my neices or neighbor kids come over. Anybody else do that?

Back
Top Bottom