You start to feel old when...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

No but I've said it about underwear!

Have you been peeking in my underwear drawer? :)

i let someone else shave my face

I usually have help shaving my head.

When you're associates tell you to "Twitter" them, and you say "What the _____ is Twitter?"

You long for the old days before "cellphones".

You believe the world has gone down the toilet, and you wish it keeps going. Hopefully
getting rid of all the media waste: kardash, Honey boo, Beyon, Bieber, etc... :)

You notice your tattoos are fading then you wonder why you got them in the first palace?

When you're associates tell you to "Twitter" them, and you say "What the _____ is Twitter?"

You long for the old days before "cellphones".

You believe the world has gone down the toilet, and you wish it keeps going. Hopefully
getting rid of all the media waste: kardash, Honey boo, Beyon, Bieber, etc... :)

Totally agree here, Bigman!!

You notice your tattoos are fading then you wonder why you got them in the first palace?

when you notice your tattoo,
and you realize it is not the same tattoo you got how ever long ago it was when you first got it in the first place.

and you then realize. time is a harsh mistress.

When you turn your nose up at new pants in a store that have that already broken-in look (fade lines, holes, etc.)

On a positive note. I feel seriously old now that I am sure that it all really does not mean S**T. I will never again need to worry about what the neighbors think or if i look ok for something. There is just no more competing and its all ok. There is no need to worry about what others think of me, its all down hill from here baby. I love it! When i see young people all trying to look more 'well off' than each other, i am thinking yes this is feeling old that i never have to think about that stuff again. And this is cool.
I ride an old bike that is homemade by random other bike-parts and spraypainted in parts 'to give it a little color' I bike a lot and i see all these people with new bikes and 1,000 dollar bike outfits, to look cool. I am like already the crazy old guy at 45! hehe

When you turn your nose up at new pants in a store that have that already broken-in look (fade lines, holes, etc.)

I earned that look on my jeans, got accused of having sex with a neighbor a few days ago because I was leaving an apartment in my favorite jeans, the zipper hasnt worked on them for over a year, and I don't care. i roll around with them open

if i am not going to work which is dress shit and slacks, i have just this side of given up.

when you start to think it might not be appropriate to wear casual shorts (ie. well above the knee) shopping.

shucks, i roll around in just bike shorts. spandex is a privileged

and worse have gone into a food place like that with a hole in them and not realized that a seam was broken and a testicle
was a hanging out. staring out at the world like a new born child

Last edited:
flat stomach and a nice smile go a long way,

just realized this site has a auto correct, no wonder we all can talk to each other, because I know i trans-locate
when my blood sugar gets low.

you remind me of another one:

you start to feel old when your weight is well within the normal range but you don't have a nice flat stomach anymore :(

I earned that look on my jeans, got accused of having sex with a neighbor a few days ago because I was leaving an apartment in my favorite jeans, the zipper hasnt worked on them for over a year, and I don't care. i roll around with them open

if i am not going to work which is dress shit and slacks, i have just this side of given up.

It takes a good while to get a pair of jeans broken in to the point they are just so comfortable to wear! I've got a pair that is all shredded and torn along the bottom because they were too long when I got them. It takes forever to get the button through the hole because I've done it so many times it's worn out. I think the zipper still works but they are a little too big for me so I can just pull them down like they were elastic waisted. My family yells every time I put them on. They are just so comfortable I think I could sleep in them.

I agree with you - If I'm not going somewhere fancy (I don't work) then why should I dress like it 24/7.

shucks, i roll around in just bike shorts. spandex is a privileged

and worse have gone into a food place like that with a hole in them and not realized that a seam was broken and a testicle
was a hanging out. staring out at the world like a new born child

Obviously your a guy and I'm assuming you don't wear undies either. When I see my grandpap's zipper isn't up, and it's a good bit of the time, I tell him - "Your going to get your underpants dirty!" (Thank god he wears them!!!) Maybe I'd just have to tell you that you're going to get something else dirty?

Last edited:
I'll tell you the same thing that I always tell my grandpap when I see his zipper isn't up. - "Your going to get your underpants dirty!" (Thank god he wears them!!!)

:roflmao:

You know your getting old when on a Friday night you have nothing to do and you're hoping at least a phone surveyor might call :p

When you don't understand 'Fist Bumping'? What ever happened to shaking hands?

With kids it's the cool thing to do but adults? I see them do it all the time.

When is Donald Trump going to start 'Fist Bumping' over million dollar deals......

Know what you mean about the fist bumping. Had a guy friend my age initiate it the other day and I was thinking "huh?!?" He said he was trying to make me "cool" lol.

You start to realize your kids have never ever seen a rotary dial phone. And most likely never will.

When you think every car that drives past your house is from Publishers Clearing House coming to tell you that you won! Can't wait for that Big Check!!!!!!!

You wait until the local colleges end each semester to go "shopping".
- It's amazing hoe lazy & stupid college kids are. Hey if you're to lazy to lug that dorm fridge home, I'll do it. :) Nothing wrong with a year old computer, especially when the one you currently use is 10+ years old. :)

Singing theme songs to old tv shows keeps you sane. :)

i wear undies, and typically clean ones, i go to the hospital too often.

Back
Top Bottom