You start to feel old when...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

When you don't understand 'Fist Bumping'? What ever happened to shaking hands?

With kids it's the cool thing to do but adults? I see them do it all the time.

When is Donald Trump going to start 'Fist Bumping' over million dollar deals......
I've never heard of fist bumping.
Is this a new fad???

I've never heard of fist bumping.
Is this a new fad???

Yea, it must not have made it around the world yet. It's it's the new form of shaking hands. Both people make fists then hit them together straight on together. It started out with kids doing it but adults are doing it too. My 50 year old husband and his 27 year old son do it every time they see each other.

Yea, it must not have made it around the world yet. It's it's the new form of shaking hands. Both people make fists then hit them together straight on together. It started out with kids doing it but adults are doing it too. My 50 year old husband and his 27 year old son do it every time they see each other.
People could be doing it over here, I just haven't seen it yet lol.

You've seen so many fads come and go, you don't bother keeping track.

You remember the phase "Keeping Up With The Jones's (Or Jetsons)", and you care who's
"Keeping Up With The Kard...)" :)

I started to feel old when I caught myself looking at kids and teenagers and thinking how easy they have it and how disrespectful they seem aka the old "in my day we had to walk 20 miles in the snow with no shoes etc....." vibe lol

When you stopped growing vertical, and starting growing horizontal.

You forget which of the dozen of remote controls on your coffee table, actual turns the tv on.

When "eating out" probably means you're going to eat in your backyard instead of inside your home.

When you don't understand why kids wear their pants half way down their legs. How do they even manage to keep them from completely sliding down?

You forget which of the dozen of remote controls on your coffee table, actual turns the tv on.

I always answer the TV remote when I get a phone call or try to change the channel on the TV with the phone!

When you try to talk into the phone upside down and don't know it.

I did this the other day and my friend thought I was having a seizure because we could barely hear each other but knew we were still on the phone with each other. She just kept screaming "Are you having a seizure? Are you having a seizure? Hang up and I'm calling you back!" Must have talked into the phone the right way then because everything was fine.

When someone you graduated from high school with tells you they've just had a grandchild (both mothers were only in their early 20s, but still . . . )

explaining to someone that my highschool isnt here anymore

When someone you graduated from high school with tells you they've just had a grandchild (both mothers were only in their early 20s, but still . . . )
Haha,
I got an email from my neuropsych earlier this year asking if I'd speak to one of their patients who was going to have similar surgery to me. I said I was happy to speak to the patient so my neuropsych passed the details onto the patient.

The patient who my neuropsych asked me to speak to was only 18, I had a good chat with her but I felt old because I am 37 in a few months so old enough to be this patients mum :roflmao:

Last edited:
When you don't understand why kids wear their pants half way down their legs. How do they even manage to keep them from completely sliding down?
Haha,

We are in the middle of winter here & it's been pretty cold (probably not as cold as it gets in USA or England but cold for us lol).

From what I've heard this fad originated in prison. But it wasn't meant to be "cool". Lets just say "inmate Jon is looking for a boyfriend" and he's advertising it.

The matinee show is your movie night.

You watch late night tv for the infomercials and not the movies.

When you sing your favorite songs yourself when the radio plays modern crap.

Back
Top Bottom