Crazy Monkey & Old Brainy COLLIDES! Part II coming at a Local Theater Near You!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

brain

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Crazy Monkey & Old Brainy crashes!
What a dramatic event it was!
*laughing*

The British invaded America! And did
we have fun! Along with her Uncle,
my Son & his Fiancee, and the both
of us ...

Insanity was required!

Kidding!

Talk about the accents - the Southernese
and Britishnese --- *laughing*; well,
my accent is a little bit of Southern,
Spanish, and American English ...

But I'm sure CM will have "her conclusions"
and final judgment!

:roflmao:

Then there was a fun stuff of finding the
"smallest shell" - I dunno where that came
from ... *laughing* - but fortunately I was
able to find a rare find, a rare type of a
sponge that was washed ashore, and since
she cannot take it with her, she snapped it
up on her camera!

While Clearwater Beach was jam-packed, we
ended up heading to Dunedin Causeway &
Beach - and they had the opportunity to see
Caladesi & Honeymoon Islands from the
distance as well as Hurricane Pass.

Wished we could have spent more time,
but maybe another time ... but I'm pretty
sure she will upload some photos!

::: snickers :::

:tup:

Oh how cool! Can't wait for the pics. CM takes AWESOME photographs! You lucky dawgs!

Yep today Sharon and I met for the first time, she had a big hug waiting for me (something I'm not used to), she has pretty much said everything that happened today. (She can't half talk, oh and she is a terrible back seat driver) But she can't tell the picture from my point of view, I have now seen 'very old prehistoric Brainy' (meant in the dearest way of course)she is no longer just a name a screen, it is always cool to meet people that you chat too especially when you get on so well from the word go.

Yes, we had fun, but unfortunately she didn't see the Crazy Monkey at her craziest due to my stoooopid sprained ankle. Normally at the beach I would dive in fully dressed to look for seashells (which I have done on several occassions), but I currently resemble a seagull that we saw today balancing on one leg. She would have seen my mad side on New Years eve (with my sprained ankle) I was dancing on the tables at Kissimmee old town and also laying on my back having vodka jello shots syringed into my mouth, rockin in the New year with Elvis (well he looked and sounded like him)

Next time I visit (and YES, there will be a next time as I am never away from Florida for too long, it is home to my 'Happy Place') I will spend more time with you and have the pint of guinness as promised by your son. Sorry I had to rush off, but I didn't have much time and I wanted to get to the Magic Kingdom for a few hours before flying home, I didn't leave the park until 1am. The Magic Kingdom is my happy place and I wanted a last few hours there because I know next week I am going to be under intense pressure at work.

Sorry Sharon for not writing my bit sooner but my flight boarded very quickly to Washington DC, I am now in transit waiting to board my flight back to the UK, this seriously suxass.

Oh and I would like to pass on a big thanx to Teetees for informing me that the weather back home is currently -2 degrees - thanks mate, cheered me up no end. hehe

BTW everyone, if you don't want the crazy monkey to pay you a visit, you had better hide up your locations, because you never know where I might pop up.

One last dig at Brain - Bernard I really think that Brains date of birth should read 1863 B.C. he he he he :roflmao:

Oops got to run again, as my next flight is now starting to board.

I will upload the pictures when I get home tomorrow (grrrr that seems a long way off)

It was very nice to meet you and your family

Sounds like you all had a great time together. :bigsmile:

... Bernard I really think that Brains date of birth should read 1863 B.C. ...

Let's not break the forum software now... :paperbag:

Let's not break the forum software now... :paperbag:

Well, I DID say I was older than dust!

:pfft:

Her Unkky had a ball with my son and
his fiancee ... one problem ---> time was
short to cram it all in! LOL!

But I did tell her that "craziness" lives
here, and my Welcome Mat should read
as "Welcome to the Zoo".

:D

However, I did have the opportunity to
see via her diggy camera of her zany
stuff she had done. GEESH!

In addition, I did speak again briefly
while they were "bored" awaiting for
their flight from here to Washington
before they had to board on...

Even though it was just a few hours,
but they sure did wore me out where
once I arrived home, cooked dinner,
I posted in here and a few places then
headed back to shower and was out
cold in bed ... they exhausted me all
because I am not "fully up-to-par".
I am very slow.

"Terrible back seat driver"? Huh?
*laughing*

:noevil:

Moreover, when she plans to return, she
did say she would "teach me" how to speak
British, but I do understand Brit, bloody
danged right I do, for Aussies and Brits are
quite similar (both speak in British English,
and not American English). I *laughed*
when she typed to me on MSN MSGR of
how I spoke in deep south, and I responded
"How Deep?"

BTW everyone, if you don't want the crazy monkey to pay you a visit, you had better hide up your locations, because you never know where I might pop up.

Attention Folks ...

Disregard that comment!

Lol..thats funny...esp the accent bit u want to hear my accent im english n the english cant understand us from up north of england lol...weve got a lingo of our own!!! We dont talk like they do in the movies...hehehe..

The film full monty n the old film kes?? Well thats my accent...but love the link u sent to me,still laughing now...

No one in America can talk right! LOL!

We dont talk like they do in the movies...hehehe..

Movies? What movies?

:ponder:

I never noticed! Only in America
can you go from one place to another
and everyone "talks funny" - LOL!

If you asked Bernard, how to pronounce
Houston, Texas - he'd most likely say,
because I hear Texans all the time say
it this way ...
"YewSton, Taxes" *laughing*

But I would say, "YawStun, Texhas"
*laughing*

And those up North; like New York,
I've heard them say it:
"Youseton, TEXass"
*laughing*

Crazy isn't it? *laughing*

We dont say hello,we say orate or ayup!! lol....il give yorkshire language lessons now sharon....hehehe,they dont say now..its(nar)

I'm Back

I have now come back for a second say after reading the discussion thread-

I have just arrived back in the UK after being up for what feels like millions of hours. Teetees, I am coming to your house if it is only -2 as mine is -6 degrees, awwww I am going to feel the cold tonight.

Oops Sorry Brain didn't mean to wear you out!!!!!

Brain the answer to your question about how southern your accent actually is, well at the ends of your sentences you go very very deep, like southern alabama deep (but not all the time), your son does not talk with the same accent, I couldn't recognise his as a particular region.

When I was standing in your driveway (you had gone to get a pepsi) I deliberately put on my broadest Norfolk accent for a laugh and your son was trying to mimic me.

In the U.K, just like the U.S we have a lot of different accents, some are barely understandable for someone who is not local. My ex BF was a Geordie (Newcastle area) and when he was in full flow I couldn't understand a word he was saying. Do you know they even have a geordie translater online so that you can talk to them, they don't just have a very strong accent but they have their own unique words as well such as 'Haway' which apparently means 'come on' like you would have guessed that.

Next time I visit, I will do some accent training with y'all, but not only that, we could have a lesson on how to speak the Queens English!!!! I have always enjoyed teaching non UK residents London Cockney Rhyme best, that is always good for a laugh. And I will deffo spend more time with you, I still feel bad about running out on you Friday evening, I wish we had met up the first time I was in your area and not the last day of my trip.

I can't

even imagine what you would think about how I speak......

I say Houston, Texas as:

"Hew-stun, Tecks-us"

Isn't that the way it's supposed to sound?:roflmao::roflmao:

I can only imagine how much fun it would be to meet up with the Crazy Monkey, but there's really nothing to do in Indiana........unless you want to go check out a winery.....

sorry got to chirp in again with my Norfolk accent

We would say Hewstin texis

Meetz - my next trip is in April, I am gonna be in New York (state), New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvannia, I am getting closer to you!!!!! I bet I would find something to do, I have a unique way of making boring, interesting.

Last edited:
Hey Crazy Monkey~
Sounds like you and Brain had fun. Now you know what Florida is like. I have lived here my whole life. I am happy to hear you both had fun. Your stories both were funny. Keep up the great humor. Looking foward to seeing your pics. Its great when you get to meet someone from online that you have chatted to for so long. I hope to do that one day.

Brain the answer to your question about how southern your accent actually is, well at the ends of your sentences you go very very deep, like southern alabama deep (but not all the time), your son does not talk with the same accent, I couldn't recognise his as a particular region.

He's a Jawja Boy! (Georgian - Georgia)

:tup:

And yet he's a pioneer native just like me?
Strange huh?

ASH:

CM spends a lot of time right by you!
I know what DL, FL stands for .. this is
too hilarious!

:noevil:

CM has been to FL many times ... I guess
it's the only place where they can "thaw"
out in the winter time!

<---- Laughing @ Meetz's ...

Does ANYONE know how to say Houston, TX
RIGHT?

*** laughing ***

Last edited:
Knowing as much as you talk about on here about Florida I figured you would know which city I am talking about. I just dont like given my info away. I know I have talked to most of you but I have had alot happen. I just figured state is enough. Keep up the humor I love it. I love the laughs.

Hey Ash

I spend a lot of time in Florida, every other year I normally migrate for the month of December, this I alternate with other hot countries (as you have seen in my albums)

I am going to make a special effort to return to Florida this year (money depending) so that I can spend a couple of days having fun in the 'Tampa Region'

I have just now added a new picture album which includes the pictures of Brain and myself and some other photos from my trip.

Thats nice you are coming to Florida. I hope you enjoy it. I loved your pics. Thanks for sharing them with us. Now you see what me and Brain see. You look like you had fun.

I am going to make a special effort to return to Florida this year (money depending) so that I can spend a couple of days having fun in the 'Tampa Region'

Yup, visiting Tarpon Springs (Greece)
Dunedin (Scotland/Ireland)
(Oh wait, she has that back home)
Heritage Village (the way the County used
to be and how it was like when I grew up,
and plus the house I balked at them tearing
it down - fully restored)
And just a walk away - is the Botanical
Gardens (and all of this is free)
And plus more ....

It would be like entirely "Globe Trotting"
in this tiny County. And she better bring
a lot of film because there's going to be
a lot of firing off the shutters (from the
camera) ...

*laughing*

Depending on the Weather and all, my
son and I have some surprises in store
for them, including having them head
down to the 100% heartbeat of the
County ---> and we will talk about that
when the time approaches.

Taking a walk down the untouched and
unspoiled land - totally wild and preserved.
(And I can hear the shutter bug being
busy, busy, busy... *laughing*)

But one place we will have to visit on
one of our trips, is to the very STEEP
cliffs (YES, we do have CLIFFS here),
and it will BLOW their minds out! And
to even think we have such here? My
son and I will personally take them
down there! And they will also have the
opportunity to see the "haunted" Hotel,
the famous Belview Biltmore which is
nearby it - I've been in there many times