Crazy Monkey & Old Brainy COLLIDES! Part II coming at a Local Theater Near You!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

y/high man...geordies r hard 2 understand once they get going lol..i live bout 90mins drive away from there,was in newcastle in october,but i just love their accent its great!!! got 2 be one of my fave english accents.x

I could listen to my ex BF talking all day long, I loved his accent to bits, it was only after a few Newcastle Browns that I could not understand a word he said, once he got in full geordie flow

weve got a couple of geordies living on our estate,i can understand them,but once they get going ive no chance lol,ive got barnsley accent ..that takes some understanding off other people..lol.what hospital r you under ?? i have to go to hallamshire in sheffield have you heard of it??

Hey CM - stick me in yer luggage next time yer off to FL.....I just want to be reminded what the sun looks like when it's out :(

PS. Did I tell you it's gonna be the coldest night of winter in the UK tonight ???....now pass me the anti-depressants and a nice cup of hot chocolate

ouch...it was snowing at 5am here only a little though,where in uk are you t.t?? tell me about it with the anti-depressants lol..ive already got my pjs n bed socks n heating blasting out..how sad is that!!cant even say not be long 4 the summer,cos we dont even get much of them now do we??

Hey CM - stick me in yer luggage next time yer off to FL.....

I am trying to go back to FLA later in the year, will you fit in my backpack?? I am thinking of tagging it onto Costa Rica as my flight would connect in Miami anyway, but shhhhhhh don't tell Brain, its a secret!!!!

::: snickers :::

I am trying to go back to FLA later in the year, will you fit in my backpack?? I am thinking of tagging it onto Costa Rica as my flight would connect in Miami anyway, but shhhhhhh don't tell Brain, its a secret!!!!

You are going to tag TT to Costa Rica?
Shame on you! *laughing*

Re-read your post girlie! Poor TT, stuck
in Costa Rica while we're having fun! On
the other hand, TT would be surrounded
by lovely girls who would cater to him to
no end at sight!

:ponder:

He might just absolutely like that!

:roflmao:

It might be for the best if TT stayed in Costa Rica, I don't think anybody in their right mind would let the 2 of us loose together in the world, I can't even begin to imagine the mischief we would get up too!!!!!

Last edited:
Its HEW-STUN ...

... doesn't anyone know how to properly say the name. :pfft:

Funny thing is there is a tiny town in Ohio named Houston, but it is pronounced HOW-STUN. ???

Don't feel too sorry for our British friends, their -2 celcius is our upper 20s fahrenhite. When we get down to -10, then we will talk. Better yet, you can ask some of our Canadians about true cold weather. :roflmao:

p.s. Ohio ends with an O, not an A like some southerners prononce it. O-hi-a

Yeahhhhh!!!!!

Someone else knows how to say it right!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::bigmouth::bigsmile: :roflmao:

And here I thought I was losing my mind......

Hey Buckeye

-9 degrees was recorded yesterday, we are getting close.

I am shellshocked after being in 80+ degrees for the last 4 weeks, my heating bill is going to be mega

You are going to tag TT to Costa Rica?
Shame on you! *laughing*

Re-read your post girlie! Poor TT, stuck
in Costa Rica while we're having fun! On
the other hand, TT would be surrounded
by lovely girls who would cater to him to
no end at sight!

:ponder:

He might just absolutely like that!

:roflmao:

There's no MIGHT about it :rock: ....take me, take me :roflmao:

Teetees

ermmmmm Let me think about this :ponder:

Going by your fluffy picture, I need to send you to quarantine first.

Hey Buckeye! How about -20 windchill? Ahhhh, the good old days growing up in Nebraska. :) Snow drifts 4 feet tall, hot cocoa, a fire in the fireplace, and snow days. :) Those are some GREAT memories.

Now I live in a land where if it snows it's a miracle. (Had some last week, actually. I was shocked. ) Where instead we get rain (if we're lucky).. And people have NO clue how to drive in either. :)

yeah it was -9 last nite,felt like -29 when i went shopping 2day,i needed defrosting when igot in lol...i dont know how they cope in canada...my gas is on highest setting now!!!

I just wish that there was more snow, I hate the cold weather if there is a lack of snow, it just gets boring. I love snowball fights, building snowmen and sledging. When its cold without snow, I just sit indoors and moan.

The coldest I have ever been in is -35 windchill up in northern Canada, it was so cold I had to walk backwards into the wind to save the cold from burning the small area on my face that was exposed.

I enjoy visiting these type of temperatures, but only visiting, I would prefer to live Brain's way anyday!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah,i wish there was more snow,we dont get it like we did in the 70s,80s..i miss going sledging down the hills.if we didnt have a sledge we used to use a big platic bag when we was teens!!.Blimey-35 that is a windchill up in northern canada,how did u cope??.I know what ou mean about living brains way thou,florida isnt it? Ive never been there,but would love to go.bet its amazing!!,il just have 2 drem 4 now!!

For the trip I was given a list of all the gear I needed to purchase, I couldn't believe how many items I was expected to wear in one go.

Here goes (I'll never forget the list)-

Thermals
ski pants
Fleece pants
Wind pants (waterproof)
2 pairs of thermal socks
Arctic snow boots
t-shirt
hooded sweatshirt
Arctic coat with a hood
Thermal insulated beanie hat
1 pair of cotton gloves
1 pair of thick thermal waterproof gloves

We had to fly in all this gear as when we landed we were straight out into the cold.

P.s. yeah a plastic bag works well, snow can be so much fun, I don't remember the 70's, but I remember that there always used to be a lot of snow in the 80's, we used to listen to the radio, praying for our school to be closed so that we could go and play in the snow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom