Epilepsy and hair loss

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Well I know the B Multiples Stress Complex seems to help with my nerves resulting from being on Keppra. As far as my hair it helps just a little .... not much.:e:

im taking a vit b complex at the moment but its says energy release. i jus want my hair to stop falling out :-(. i would rather put up with the seizures than all these side affects. hows things with you?

I think the B Complex you might want to try is the one that says STRESS COMPLEX. It s been 4 days since Ive washed my hair and it looks thicker . I used to be to wash me hair everyday but not since I started on the Keppra the more I wash my hair the thinner it feels.

Crazychick: I don't know but if I were you I would not go off your seizure meds unless your Doctor oks it . Wait and see what happens at your next appointment.:e:

thanx eve ill have a look for it, i wont stop taking my meds wiout docs say dont worry, i will prob do more damage than gud doing that. it just gets me down seeing all that hair falling out when i touch it, brush it or wash it. but ill def look into that stress complex thank you.

I used to have really thick hair but when I was switched through so many meds I've lost hair and it's gone thin. I'm on Keppra, Lamictal and zonemisaide. But I've also been on depakote, topomax and etc. They have a vitamin that u can take o help with your hair

Hi sexy mama av tried loadsa vitamins and they arent working. Am on keppra atm. Or did ya mean a vit especially from the doctor? i want to come off keppra it has horrid side affects.

The doctor reccomened me to take the vitamin: selenium. My Keppra seems to have side affects on me like it makes my anxiety high.

i was diagnosed with anxiety before all this seizures and things. this selenium do u have to get it prescribed or from chemist and does it make your hair grow back?

Keppra

has anyone else experienced hair loss losing eyebrows and eyelashes on keppra no matter what the dose is?

My son takes Keppra and he has not had any hair loss, he is tolerating it fairly well, every time we go up on the dose (which is often), we have to deal with side effects but he then gets back to baseline.

Im dealing with it really bad. My neuroligist agreed today to make an appointment to see them asnd get some different test done as they think its something else. So hopefully these test will proove what it is and it can be sorted. Thanx for getting back to me.

I have been on Depakote for years and just recently went to a new Neurologist that told me this is the culprit that has been making my hair fall out.

So he is putting me on Lamictal. I asked him if that was a side effect and he said no.

Hi reece. I have never heard of depakote. Well i jave just been rold my meds arent the culprit to my hair loss its another problem. I have to go for more tests with dermotoligist. Whatever that is. I just want my hair eyebrows and eyelashes. I cant deal with it all. Hope the new meds work for you reece. Let me know how you gwt on. I git hair loss wasnt a side affect with keppra now the doc saying it is so be careful because it ciuld be a side affect with ya new meds.

Reece --

Hair loss IS a side effect if Lamictal. My hair was falling out on Lamictal until I lowered my dose. That doesn't necessarily mean that it will happen to you, but just thought you'd like to know.

You can check this patient-reported database for hair loss and any other Lamictal side effects: http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20241&name=lamictal

A dermatologist is a doctor specializing in skin disorders. I do hope you have your answers soon. I am just starting with taking vitamins although I should have been taking them years ago!

Back
Top Bottom