Epilepsy and hair loss

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I tried Biotin and it didn't work. I tried the NOW brand for 2 mos. and nothing changed. Ive always eaten alot of veggies. I am famous for being a salad addict.

I know what you mean about the price. I tried the Giovanni shampoo and it didn't work and it was pricey. I discovered that the shampoos at the health food store made my hair even thinner! I tired 6 different shampoos from the Health Foods Stores. And none worked.

I know what you mean about the side effects. That's why I went off Zoloft I couldn't take the side effects anymore. I tried Topomax and that was a nightmare it got rid of my migraines , made me loose weight......GOOD. but it gave me insomnia,serious focusing problems and anxiety.....BAD

Now I'm going to try the New Chapter Co enzyme B food Complex. I was taking 2 a day ( the normal dosage) now I'm going to take 4 a day and see if I notice a difference. :e:

I heard that Keppra robs your body of B vitamins. :e:

That would explain why it makes you lose ya hair. Aw its crap havin epilepsy aint it? well.i dno if av even got it i dnnt even know wat seizures i had or anythin they were only happenin in ma sleep.

Crazy chick. have you thought of getting a second opinion? It sounds to me like you need a more definite diagnosis.

Yeah it is crappy taking these Epilepsy drugs. Ive taken Tegretol, Topomax, Zonegran and now I'm on Keppra.:e:

Nah i havent tbh. I am fed up of it al. Im ginna ask him if i can tey hormone.replacement.as they were happenin.same.tym every minth if ya get wat am sayin?

Maybe the hormone replacement will be worth a try you know how your body feels if the Dr agrees. But you might want to still think about getting a 2nd opinion down the road.

Well av just been talkin bout me neuroligist wi me dad and me neuroligist told me nothing. If i actually have epilepsy wat seizures th side affects of th meds nothing. So im gonna talk wi me neuroligist bout all this n if he dnt agree or wateva am gonna ask to change my neuroligist. I cud be takin meds for epilepsy n i mite nt even have it. Yes im def gna mention hormone thing. Ano me mam hd a prob wi her hormones few year bk causin her probs wi her head so it cud b hereditary cudnt it?

I dunno, I am thinking maybe you should see another Doctor and get another opinion. It sounds to me like you need a more definite diagnosis. How long have you been on the Keppra?

Been on it since march this year. I cant cope with the side affects i really cant. I defo cant w8 till dec for an appointment.

Been on it since march this year. I cant cope with the side affects i really cant. I defo cant w8 till dec for an appointment.

Ive been on it for a few years. At first the side effects were really really bad. Now since Ive been taking lots of B Vitamins the side effects aren t as bad but I still don t like Keppra. It just takes a while getting used to and I have found along with others that you need to take B Vitamins Complex to make up for the B vitamins that they say Keppra robs you of.

See if you can get in to see the Dr sooner. Have them put you on the cancellation list.:e:

I have tried asking that n they were nasty saying they dont have a cancelation list. 1 person tellin me 1 thing and sum1 else tellin me different. I dnt need all this the way things are atm. I take loadsa b vits and it dont seem to be working. :'-( i really cant deal with it anymore.

does your hair grow back

after being on anti convulsants for so long does your hair grow back and does your body get used to the side affects? any comments would be great.

Well, I know that after I stopped lamictal my hair grew back, which was a relief. There's a good chance that your body will adjust to the meds and your hair grow back x

they shouldn't be rude to you. Maybe it's time to look for a new neuro. :ponder:

its not my neuroligist thats rude its his secretary lol, i even put a complaint in about her and she blamed me and they believed her. im going to keep on at him about an earlier appointment and when i do see him and he dont listen or change anything then i will look for another neuroligist.

Ok,,,, well I went to a Family Doc once where his staff was rude and usually if they are rude to you they are rude to other patients as well. I guess this Doc got enough complaints and they eventually go rid of her You might want to see say something to the Dr about her next time you see him.:e:

i will if i remember wi everythin else going on lol, i just want this sorting out now like, fed up aint the word for it. thanx for ya advice n help its really appreciated. hows things with you?

whats the vitamins b complex u mentioned in an earlier post? will that stop my hair falling out 2?

It's worth a try. I know I ve read on this forum and elsewhere that taking a B Complex with all the B vitamins is better for you than just taking one B vitamin alone. I think at the Vitamin Shop they call it Vitamin B Stress Complex I got some at the Vitamin Shop and it seemed to help dealing with the side effects of keppra

Now I'm taking the New Chapter Co enzyme B food Complex and i want to see if that works better I dunno. But some people say if you get the Vitamin B Stress Complex at the Vitamin Shop that that works just as well. So who knows? :ponder:

will a normal chemist sell these? i mean im taking vitamin b and multivitamins its makin no difference at all, i just want my life back to normal so much. does this vit b complex stop the hair loss?

Back
Top Bottom