Coping With Epilepsy Medikidz Comic Book Explains Epilepsy
Sponsored Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Peer Support > The Nursery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2019, 09:47 PM
Esteemed Pillar of the Community

Hi clutzy
no matter the ASD spectrum the enemy is anxiety.

Transition, emotional regulation, understanding the sensory processing needs and for those who are verbal understanding the expressive and receptive language is best supported with speech therapy, occupational and physio therapy. Those on the
ASD who are non verbal like my daughter require communication devices to be their voice and it certainly lessens her frustration and anxieties to get her needs and wants met. She is a non-verbal communicator.

Behaviours, whether positive or negative is communication listen and look carefully to focus on strategies in helping your child to be healthy and happy.

Reviewing stuff with the support of therapists may help.... Also reviewing his medications.

Till this heart stops beating I will fight and be your voice.... unless you surprise me and I can hear your voice?
Then again, you know my vibes and others, no words spoken.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:55 PM
Esteemed Pillar of the Community

Update
Yeah its been a while

Have recently changed her communication device and she seems happier with the Go Talk 9.
Emotions is a big thing for her to learn so when I think she is experiencing a particular emotion I acknowledge this and model this on the talker device. I also label the emotions of others around her eg if one twin brother is sick I will press "sick" on the talker.

Regarding seizures, not too much now once every 2 months... whoo hoo!

Still loves the cross trainer and its motion she loves its movement and uses it to calm down when the going gets tough.

Till this heart stops beating I will fight and be your voice.... unless you surprise me and I can hear your voice?
Then again, you know my vibes and others, no words spoken.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator / Thank You Queen

Thanked 7,272 Times in 5,362 Posts
Thanks for the update BA, it's great to hear that the seizures are comparatively infrequent. I hope you are doing well too.

« 4yo with epilepsy | - »