6 Month Seizure Free Anniversary!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Shutterbabe

Pillar
Reaction score
:rock:Hello,

Today is a landmark anniversary for me. I am 6 month's seizure free for the first time in 5 years!!!!! I have been on this site often in the past and all your kind support has helped me through my darkest moments. I am eternally grateful for everyone here who communicated & shared their stories when I was ill and felt so alone.

Although my medications remain the same- Trileptal and Klonipin- everything else has changed in my life. I have moved back to the US from Central Mexico. As much as I loved living in another country, it was often a very stressful place. I am now residing at a much lower altitude, which I believe is healthier for me.

I have also fallen deeply in love with a remarkable man. We are planning our forever future together. Rick has yet to see me seize but he understands this is always a possibility. We have created tranquility in our home, eat well, and exercise. I am even going to start biking again! I would like to think above all that love heals the body.

I send you blessings and my hope that whoever is reading this will share in my small miracle- and perhaps have one of their own soon.

Thank you, CWE.

Oooooooo,

THIS IS SOOOOO COOL!!! Yeah for you!!! 6 months seizure free, and LOVE, too........WOW!!!!:banana::banana:

We're glad to see you back!:clap::clap:

Thank you.....

I have made a soul decision that all my struggles with seizures has taught me some great life lessons. I have survived myself and am now rising back into a place of light and strength. I never forget where I have been. I take enough pills to remind me several times a day. But this is a remarkable day. Rick is
cooking a special dinner for us as I type to celebrate- smells wonderful!

Congratulations! This gives hope to many on this board I am sure. I hope to find a mate as well who can understand my condition and limitations, but I'm not going to let that hold me back!

Hey you....
So good to hear from you again. Funny how you were on my mind today (that happened before didn't it), and I knew I needed to search my mail to reply. I was so happy to hear that you were doing well. Quite excited that you are in fact celebrating with Rick.

I was in your home town in August, and had a delightful visit. I am already wanting to return.

I can't wait until Rebecca can celebrate too.
Hugs

Leaps of Faith

I was worried that Epilepsy would be a huge issue if I was in in a serious relationship. I kept a huge part of myself tucked away for years out of fear.

This has been a great leap of faith for both of us. I worried that Rick would see an "unpretty" part of me one day, something that might shift the beauty of our connection. Rick has reassured me over and over again that that will not be the case. He knows what to do if I seize and I am beginning to feel more secure in every way.

Keep your heart open......and leap if it feels right.

Hey Robin!!!!!!

So good to hear from you!!!! So you finally got to Mexico!! Que bueno para ti!
I hope that all is well in your world and that one day we will celebrate Rebecca's anniversary, too.

Congratulations!:woot:
I am so happy to hear that. I hope for more days of seizure free. Take care. :clap:

Well, thats good for you! Just be careful and always watch yourself.
I also try it many years ago... I didnt take medicine for 10 months...
After that, i had a seizure... So, i take my medicine again...

That is wonderful news!! And something very special to be celebrated!! Hope you had a lovely dinner with Rick!! Glad all is really going well for you!!

Michelle : )

Hey, that's fantastic news Shutterbabe! :woot:

Thanks for updating us with your success story. We need more of them. :)

Oh-- how very wonderful to hear the words "seizure free" ...

IMHO the words "created tranquility in our home" and "fallen deeply in love" are more meaningful in life and are far more important.

I'm wishing you great success and great joy.

That is wonderful! What a milestone...Congratulations! :) Enjoy your true love and being seizure free. Both great blessings. -Julie

shutterbabe,

That is great 6 months seizure free I hope you go a lot longer also.

I'm glad you also have found some someone who understands,I have someone like that to.

Belinda:e::banana::rock:

When I get down about my seizures, I come here to hear uplifting stories such as yours. Congrats!

Yaaaay

Glad to hear some positive news regarding sz free....

.....6 months is Fantastic, and I hope you can look forward to another 6 ahead off you (you have to set these small milestones, to reach the further ones, right ?) ;)

6 months to me would be amazing...I so hope to reach it one day. BUT, this congratulations is all to you my friend :wave:

With Heartfelt Thanks

Dear Friends at CWE,

Your responses to my special milestone means so much to me. I felt that it was important to share good news with people who understand this journey.

I am still realistic about the glitches in my own machinery but I am going to enjoy my life, my new love and the kindness of people like YOU. I know that there might always be certain limitations with my health but in this moment I only feel peace and gratitude.

Wishing on a star for only good things for all of you.

Thanks and Namaste.

Back
Top Bottom