ABC show America's Next Top Model

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
Rebecca screamed from the other room tonight. I just HAD to come quick. She informed me that one of the contestants on the new season of ANTM has Epilepsy. We both think this is sooooo cool. Her name is Isabella.
Let's all send her positive energy, because she can be a voice for so many people.
Wednesday night ABC

Just caught the end..from what I caught, she's photosensitive! i hope her meds are good with all the camera flashes...

next top model

I was excited to watch and unfortunatly this was the model eliminated tonight the first show. I had hoped to see how she and the show handled her epilepsy...would have been great for the public to see.

I saw it too and was disappointed that she was cut. They also had another contestant (that got the ax in the first cut) that had lost a child to a seizure.
I wonder if her E played a part in her being cut...she was much better than the other girl she was up against...too bad

me too

I screamed as loud as Rebecca last night-Isabella was very confident and casual and matter of fact about her E-I would have loved for her to progress to other rounds but she fell flat last night I thought her interpretation was horrible (dodge ball) looked more like the Matrix:)

Such a shame she did not make it further. However, one show in March might lead to more media attention in the future. Let's hope the next time people can learn a little bit more.

Her photos were not great...but she was awesome on the runway, especially considering all the strobe lights. That other girl they kept has a sorry attitude and only walked 1/4 way down runway.

Right

Robin you are correct-it only takes 1 person on one syndicated show to bring about awareness-so on that front hopefully her presence was a success>>

FYI Tara Banks has a seizure disorder as well. Just recently (within the past 6 months) she had a reported seizure on stage. I'm sure that if you do some "net surfin' " you'll find more info. on this.

Steven

WOW.. thanks for that info, I will check it out.

Well... couldn't find anything on Tyra having seizures. A woman in her audience did.
If you know different could you post it.

The closest verification that I can track down is a site form "Superficial.com" which indicates that flashing lights impacts Tyra. I know of the in-studio audience seizure but, on more than one occasion, I have heard of Tyra having some sort of seizure activity. However, for all I know, this could have been related to crazy model dieting.

use the Yahoo search engine and search "tyra banks seizures" and you'll come up with
"thesuperficial.com" link

Steven

Back
Top Bottom