[Info] All about Temporal Lobe Epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ouarezki

Pillar
Reaction score
I'd like to start a thread here to share information, articles, cases, facts and studies on Temporal Lobe Epilepsy.

Having recently found out I have it and suffered severly from it I would really like to raise awareness on the topic.

If you have/ are suffering from TLE or know of a personal story you can share a link here if you think it would be of help.

I am not alowed to share links yet so i'll wait for permission to share them...until then....here's hoping this thread will be useful to ALL.

I started having the "gaps" after the birth of my third child. We didn't understand them. My Pcp thought that they were anxiety attacks and tried every med under the sun. In 2014, at the age of 38, I had my first "seizure". Sitting in the car in a cvs parking lot. Afterward, I didn't know where I was, why the parking lot was deserted or how to get home. I didn't realize that my bladder had released or that my tongue was bleeding. This was the one that got everyone's attention. Following this, it was a series of humiliating incidents. The first neurologist sent me to an epileptologist that put me in a veeg. Because the seizures were so deep, one neurologist claimed that they were pnes. It wasn't until further review that activity was found. I have been through many mri, pet (1) veeg and 2 ambulatory eeg. It is frustrating. Med changes are the worst. Now the Lamictal is being changed for lyrica. The vimpat stays. I want so badly to have a normal life again!

Hey Bamajzg

Can you explain what your symptoms are exactly? Do you suffer from neurological or mental disturbances and what ills you the most?

Have you read my story on here and do you relate much?

Hi Ouarezki,

Thanks for sharing the article it was very good and explained a lot of what's happened to me over the yrs. since I've had temporal lobe epilepsy. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Ouarezki,

Thanks for sharing the article it was very good and explained a lot of what's happened to me over the yrs. since I've had temporal lobe epilepsy. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

You are more than welcome love i'l be posting more soon :)

These are links to threads started here on this forum that helped me and could definatly relate to YOU ;)

IF YOU READ THESE DROP A NOTE ABOUT THEM OR MAYBE LINK SOMETHING RELATED :) THANKS AND GOOD LUCK

1) http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com...lepsy-gives-you-psychological-symptoms-26844/

2) http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f20/temporal-lobe-epilepsy-22978/

3) http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f20/temporal-lobe-epilepsy-struggling-22762/

4) http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f34/anyone-else-experience-psychotic-symptoms-17558/

1: Is a thread started by me! It's title suggests " Temporal lobe, when your epilepsy gives you psychological symptoms" and I try to reachout to thers who suffer from pschological symptoms during a pseudo seizure. I also talk about my postictal and preictal phases of the seizures as well

2: The user has an odd case of deja vu that is very common amongst suffers of TLE, the comments are worth a read too, they are all from users who know a thing or two about epilepsy :D

3: Like a lot of us who have suffered from mental dissorders we now find ourselves here as well....but is that a coincidence?? This user was misdiagnosed of PTSD, depression and anxiety...ring a bell? Thing is she suffered greatly and now is suffering the consequences!!

4: When you are suffering from epilepsy you MUST avoid overstimulation because that could lead to a GRAND mal or a fit and whole lot of complications , short or long term. The user here talks about his postical phase and how much he is suffering from his psyhotic fits

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom