another vimpat/side effect question

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kimba

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I have yet another symptom and not sure if from new medication (Vimpat) but I am getting bruises all over my legs, a lot of them. It seemed to start when I started the vimpat. I am sick of side effects! Thank you for your help.

Kim

Hello, Kim!

I'm taking vimpat too & have also noticed I bruise easier, but then again, I'm quite clumsy without the vimpat. If you are truly worried about it, try checking out vimpat.com for the pharmaceutical pamphlet that's written in -2 font (or is it my 40 yr old eyes?) & is supposed to come with the vimpat when you first get it filled via the pharmacy or by discount mail-in shipment. Or, if it's really worrying you, make an appt w/ your neurologist. In fact, I'm going over to the vimpat site & see if it has anything regarding easy bruising. I'll be back in a flash, Kim & let you know what the -2 font pamphlet says...

Kim,

Well, I looked & read the site, but it made no mention of bruising easier than "usual" & since you think it's unusual, please notify your primary care M.D. & neurologist. Keep us posted on what they say. Hope you'll be able to solve the vimpat mystery. Take care, Kim. :)

I've been taking Vimpat too but haven't noticed any more easy bruising than before. I tend to have the "clumsy side effect" due to other meds and have a tendency to bump into things so it could be that I just can't distinguish what's doing what though :/

Back
Top Bottom