anti depressants???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hand of Blood

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hey just wondering if anyone here is on them? and which one?

I been giving citalopram, I looked at sites and there so many side effects and its ment to interact with AED?
Anyone on this med can give me some advice on what its like before i take it!

Hand of Blood,

I am on 40mg of citatopram a day. I've been on it for almost a year. I started at 20mg and been on 40mg for almost 4 months I am also on Tegretol, Kepppra and lomotogine. So far I have had no issues with it. It does help with my depression. Not so much right now with everything that's going on in my life. I was also concerned about it lowering my seizure threshold but my neuro psychiatrist keeps a close eye on that. I know after a certain amount of time they have to do blood test for other issues which I don't remember what that is. I would google it. It is also the generic form of Celexa. As long as you are closely monitored by dr. psych I would not worry about taking it.
Hope that helps.

My Neurologist prescribed Nortriptyline but not for depression, even though it is an anti-depressant. He prescribed it for my vibrating foot. He said it's the most tolerable and safe to take with my anti-seizure meds.

Did your Neurologist prescribe it? If so, I'm sure he or she wouldn't if he or she didn't think it was safe.

Back
Top Bottom