Anxiety and Depression in People with TLE and FLE

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KKotsaki

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

As part of my Master’s Degree at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) I am conducting an online project on Anxiety and Depression in People with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) and People with Frontal Lobe Epilepsy (FLE). The goal of this dissertation's project is to provide a further investigation on the factors which affect and are affected by anxiety and depression and to compare the differences between the two groups regarding depressive symptoms as well as signs of anxiety.

Participants should be at least 18 years old and diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy OR Frontal Lobe Epilepsy. Participation is completely anonymous and requires the completion of an illness-related questionnaire (e.g. diagnosis, medication) designed by me, as well as a single questionnaire measuring anxiety and depression, the well-validated Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS).

If you are diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy OR Frontal Lobe Epilepsy you are welcome to be a participant of this study.

Also, if you know someone who is diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy OR Frontal Lobe Epilepsy you are free to talk to him/her about this online survey and why not propose to him/her to participate in this study.. The complete survey can be found here:

https://qtrial2018q1az1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_02FSnAhF9gUVCYd?Q_CHL=preview

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact me by sending me a private message or through the email address that you will find in the online survey.

Warning:
The prospective participant should be an adult of at least 18 years old who is diagnosed only with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy OR Frontal Lobe Epilepsy, NOT with both of them.

Thank you for your time

Kind regards
Konstantina Kotsaki

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Konstantina, good luck with study!

I don't qualify, but perhaps others will be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom