Anyone else have these?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I was walking around the mall of america with the family on Sunday 5/27/2012, and the da** old navy sign caught me by suprise and gave me a 20 sec seizure, my 1st one since starting my keppra added on top of my topamax, and then abour an hour later I just catch a chance glance of the da** thing by suprise around a corner again and it happens again, now when they did the grid lights during the EEG and I knew it was coming it had no effect or when I had the AEEG my friend used my android phone with the same thing on it to try and "trigger it and then I used Final fantasy 13-X2 that gave me 2 really bad seizures on 3/3 and 3/4/12 during my AEEG and knowing they were coming they had no effect on my but when they caught me by suprise it triggers a seizure.
Does this happen to anyone else here on CWE? I had to type and ask this right now or I would have forgotten this in the morning.

And for those who have been following my other posts! No seizure after making love to my wife today since adding keppra to the topamax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot::clap::pfft: happy dance!
Thanks to all for your love and support and all your replys you've been awesome!
Blessing and good thoughts to you all!
Mike

Mike -- That's great the meds are making a difference!

With the flashing light trigger, it may be the "startle" factor that is crucial in your case. "Startle" epilepsy is a sensitivity to sudden sounds, lights, motions, touches, smells, etc. So it's the unexpected nature of the stimuli that make them work as triggers.

Back
Top Bottom