April Challenge

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Funny, I also had the ear congestion as well. What a coincidence. I guess humidity and a lot of rain in my area may have contributed toward expansion of ear wax. I have a tendency to accumulate a lot of wax in the one ear.

I have learned to apply heat to the area immediately under the ear. It helps the fluid drain out.

Go to Sperber's auditorium and listen to that rock star. His playing cleared my one ear right out!

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f30/yngwie-malmsteen-far-beyond-sun-1504/

I also got strict for a while with caffeine and cut my intake in half. I've fallen off the wagon and succumbed to dark chocolate. It was my birthday.

Last edited:
maintained a weight loss of 6 lbs.

Starting a "Biggest Loser & Maintenence" at my office job. Whoever loses the most (healthily) wins 100 dollars!! It's 3 months long starting May 1st soooo wish me luck ya'll!!!

maintained a weight loss of 6 lbs.

Starting a "Biggest Loser & Maintenence" at my office job. Whoever loses the most (healthily) wins 100 dollars!! It's 3 months long starting May 1st soooo wish me luck ya'll!!!

Good luck - that is the sort of challenge I need.

Though a friend told me of another one. Give a large sum of money to a devoted friend. Make it an amount that would hurt if you lost it. For every day that you exercise, you get a % of the money back. If you don't exercise, you have to donate that amount to someone that you really don't care for. Seems this would motivate most people.

I challenge you to a completely and totally dairy free nutritional plan. I have heard that allergies, especially ear and sinus trouble are eliminated within days. Med free....

Been doing that for the last two weeks....it's not working....I didn't have allergies till I moved to California.....*sigh*

I believe it clears itself out of your system after about two months.
Gluten is cleared after eight months

I do recommend a dietary change to people with sinus problems. Try eliminating milk and milk products. Casein, the protein in cow's milk can both irritate the immune system and increase mucus production. It is often associated with sinus conditions as well as with such problems as recurrent childhood ear infections, eczema, chronic bronchitis and asthma. It may take as long as to two months before you experience the full benefits of eliminating milk from your diet.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA236836

http://ezinearticles.com/?Negative-...erance-And-Food-Sensitivity-Testing&id=757847

Last edited:
Ah well......I have to watch out for eggs and nuts anyway ( my little one is allergic to them) and hubby is allergic to sour cream, avocodo, olive/olive oil, and mushrooms....what's one more food allergen? *shrug* :)

Back
Top Bottom