Arctic Blast

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I hope all of you living down south never move north unless you like the bitter cold weather. Today it's 30-35 below 0 with the wind chill and we got 2 ft of snow Saturday with more on the way here in NY. By Tuesday or Wednesday we are supposed to get an ice storm with snow, sleet and freezing rain. If I had my way I would sell the house and be down south where I didn't have to worry about the winter weather. For those of you who enjoy winter have fun. Wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Yikes, no way!

Last year I remember you freezing your tail off too. Time to move south, Texas is usually pretty nice. :p

28 degrees now,
but i will live. thinking happy thoughts at the moment

I had to ask my Chicago friend to translate your post lol.
I feel for you, i don't mind winter but it never gets that cold or windy here.

Middle of summer here and we been hitting low to mid 40s c. Last Wednesday was 45c which is about 113f.

"Marvelous", just bunk in for the colder snap. :)

New York winters are made for hardy people.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for dropping me a line. Take my word if I could get my husband to move south I would be gone a.s.a.p. I felt bad for some people they lost power and have no heat in this bitter cold weather. Today is another day of snow and 35 below. Oh what fun, I can't wait to see my heating bill. Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

They're telling us not go outside today here in the Boston area. It's not as bad as where Sue is, but right now with windchill it feels like minus 17, and this afternoon the wind will be gusting 20-30mph. Tonight there will be 40mph gusts.

Unfortunately, it's my turn to put the trash bins tonight (we alternate in my building), and between the ice and the cold I'm not sure I'm up to it.

Hi Nakamova,

Make sure you bundle up good it is terribly cold with the wind chill and you will be getting the 40 mph wind tonight like I'm getting today. If you can put the bins out during the day when it's not so bad, they are stating frostbite and I don't want that to happen to you or anyone else. Wishing you only the Best of Luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Court,

I'm so sorry to hear that a tornado touched down if there's anything I can do or if people in your area need anything let me know and I can get on the ham radio and communicate to help out. My prayers are with you and everyone in your area. May God Bless You!

Sue

Porkette! I am in Ontario Canada and we had the same weather - OMG it was awful. Now after that crazy cold spell, we are now getting freezing rain! Stay safe everyone!

Hi MouseyMouse,

Sorry to hear you are getting the freezing rain just like I did. Now I'm getting ready for another winter blast coming from the west they already have storm watches out I sure hope it doesn't go up your way. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Keep sodding cold that side of adlantic,it global warming the thing trump and most Americans say not happening I beg to differ.we had bit of snow nothing like you all get.American weather always been mystery to me.my friend live there and she dropping with heat

Hi Folks,

This week it another bitter cold week ahead for us with temperature highs of 8 degrees and wind chills of 6-8 n below. Yesterday I had to go get the mail and it was so cold the ice won't even melt after I put the prestone drive heat on it and that's supposed to work at 25 below 0. I almost fell but I lucked out. I can't wait for 80 degree summer weather. Keep warm everyone. I wish you all the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Good grief Porkette....are you upstate? I am in the south; we are sort of caught in between where I am (and I am originally from out west, so I can still be a crybaby LOL.)

I hope you stay warm!

Hi malfeasant67,

I live in Central NY not far from Binghamton NY. I live about 72 miles north of Binghamton right where Cornell University and Ithaca College are. If I had my way I would be living in the south but my husband doesn't want to move. Here's wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

We got a quick bite today; below 10 this morning, only a high of about 22. Now this Saturday coming up? It's going to be 67! Somebody tell Mother Nature to calm down....lol

Back
Top Bottom