back again

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
hey friends!

So the new neuro, decides since all my scans and tests are normal to have me go to a tlak doc who specializes in seizures and PNES, and since i show symptoms of seizures and possible MS he's wondering why the neuro isnt treating me better for the other symptoms and why hes questioning the seizures since i get migraines, feel like i was hit by a truck and have urination when i have them and its been seen by many ppl and have burned myself when smoking in the middle of the night.

I'm concerned that if the new talk doc doesnt relate to my issues when they are very well documented by me with wifes additions they will stop treatment and then i'll go back to really bad seizures daily not the 2-3 a week that lay me out for most of the week,

I'm back to just being on 2000mg of keppra a day for seizures and then other meds for other stuff going on but the other meds dont lower my seizure threshold so they cant blame my seizures on them.

I also tried going 3 weeks without them like the neuro said to see what would happen and everyday after the 3rd day i was having bad night seizures everyday, not fun.

Have a great day everyone.

Michael

Sorry to hear your having a tough time with meds and dr's. Keep talking, let them know what is going on and if need be, find another dr. I wish you the best and hope you get answers soon.

Hang in there!

Ah man! Glad to see you here, but not glad to see the reason why.
What has to happen to be taken seriously?

Definitely go with your gut! If you don't trust the doctor's advice, you can always get a second opinion or let him/her know you don't think it is a good idea to do whatever s/he is suggesting! It sounds like you're having a rough time. Some doctors can just be ridiculous and it takes a second (or sometimes third!) opinion before you hit the jackpot, so to speak.

Don't take no for an answer.

Best of luck to you.

JAN

Hey Mike, I'm glad to hear from you, wish you were feeling better. Stay positive, I hope the "talk doc" can help, and will advocate for better treatment from your neurologist.

Back
Top Bottom