Best off luck for qtown whos going for her operation soon

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Crash

CWE Supporter/E Hater 2
Supporter
Reaction score
Best off luck for your op,hope all goes well and you come out off it epilepsy free!!!

Best wishes qtown. Don't forget about us when you are all healed and doing awesome.

As a newbie I still want to wish you well. I dont know what the operation is (my son has a VNS) but my thoughts will be with you :)

Awww thanks guys, very sweet words (and lol thanks jyearta for remembering the birthday!)
I must make a bit of a correction here tho (and no fault of Neil's I talk about the surgery so much it's a regular topic between us). It's not surgery yet. Monday is my day of testing with the neuropsychologist and then I'm admitted to the seizure unit. My epileptologist (and epilepsy nurse and regular GP) feel surgery will be necessary as there is a damaged location to remove (MTS Mesial Temporal Sclerosis), but the unit we have to do first to get an exact location. And make sure it isn't too deep as well. She said the waiting list for surgery after this is a few months long, so it wouldn't be until the new year.
Two things however - it's all moot unless I can actually have a seizure on video (maybe I should just get really drunk celebrating my birthday ey that should solve it), and at the end of it all I still have to make the final decision. I don't want my head cut open (esp. when there's a chance it won't work), but I don't want to look back in 10 years and regret that I didn't do it while still young. Sigh. Decisions decisions.
I was going to start a thread to say goodbye to everyone today (leave tomorrow), and as I said before I'll keep ya posted when I'm in there. LOL they may be able to strap me to a bed and only let me up to pee but they ain't keepin' me off CWE!!
Love you guys!!

Yeah,but the process has started so your still getting all our thoughts,so get used to it dear!

qtowngirl

You will not be forgotten, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope it goes well for you.

GOOD LUCK!

Hope everything goes well with your testing. You will make the right decision when the time comes. Have a great Birthday.

Good luck Qtown.

Hope your 'early birthday' is a great day.

Best of luck Q! Have a big seizure for me!!

Haha thanks P I'm working on it already! So stressed and scared about this trip that I'm not sleeping well, started lastnight only got about two hours, and like I say with a couple glasses of birthday wine and nerves being shot one would think this will be a piece of cake!!

Good luck Qtown.

Hope your 'early birthday' is a great day.

Oh yes, shall be a night to remember. Big special night planned. Nice hotel is buying dinner for us and giving us a ride there, we get the penthouse suite with a complimentary bottle of wine and free breakfast the next morning. Ooooohhh penthouse... wonder how big the jet tub will be?!
If anything it will be a great start to a scary trip. Thanks guys.

Thanks Guys? You are more than welcome!!!

QTown - Wishing you a fantastic birthday, a good test and a successful operation! You are in my prayers.

Back
Top Bottom