Bullying at school

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Joan -
My step-daughter does not have E, but my granddaughter does. I do have a paper trail. Everything I have sent to them and they have sent back has been put into a binder. I have binders for everything with my children.

Wisconsin does not have a bully law and the schools are allowed to deal with these problems as they see fit. This is where the problem lies. I am fighting to make our legislatures see how important it is to put a bully law into effect to protect our children.

I also agree that these issues are more related to how the child has been parented. I have walked the halls of one of our high schools here with my youngest daughter (truancy issues) when she was in school. I was horrified at the behavior that was tolerated by these teachers from the students. Parents wonder why their children graduate not knowing basic educational skills. I believe that parents should be discipling their children for their actions and teaching them that there are consequences. I truly believe that too many parents now days are too quick to blame others for their children's actions.

I will not give up on this issue even though the bully has stopped bullying my step-daughter for the time being. I am sure she is bullying someone else who might be afraid to speak up.

Yesterday I received a call from a woman at the school district regarding the bully issue. Since the bully has stopped for right now, she is not going to investigate. The good news is that she asked what I wanted to see come from this situation. I told her that I wanted a district wide bully policy. She said she has been trying to get one in place. I told her that I have a copy of the bully policy guidelines from the state and she then asked if my husband and I would be on a committee to work on this. I told her that she could add our names to the list. She stated that she was disappointed when the bully law did not pass and I told her that I have contacted all Wisconsin reps, senators and the govenor. Finally, something good might actually come from this.

Congrats ** Its from efforts like yours, that change comes.
I wish you well.
joan*

Back
Top Bottom