Cell phones, cell phone towers, wifi signals...and seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

elizzza811

Stalwart
Reaction score
Seizures Caused by Cell Phone Radiation:
http://www.ehow.com/facts_7424090_seizures-caused-cell-phone-radiation.html

GSM radiation triggers seizures and increases cerebral c-Fos positivity in rats pretreated with subconvulsive doses of picrotoxin:
http://tinyurl.com/4pvpukl

Hmmm? I have to admit, I was using a cordless phone heavily around the time these seizures first started. And my ex-husband, a heavy cell phone user, even had a brain tumor removed a couple of years ago. And yes, the tumor was removed from the side of his head against which he'd hold his phone. Plus, he spent 6 years working on radar.

And what about the cell phone towers and wifi antennas that are on every corner and building today? Even radio and TV towers and airport radar?

I found this, and there are A LOT of towers and antennas near my home...

Check for towers and antennas here:
www.antennasearch.com

It all depends on the frequency that they emmit. I'm an amateur radio operator and work with the County storm spotters, 1 of the things I know is that, the higher the frequency, the more dangerous it is. This is why in the GHZ range, people are generally limited to 1/2 watt. You could put a 10 poud turkey on an antenna, key up the mike, turn the power up to 5 watts, and that thing would be well-done in about 10 minutes! (Now think about the damage that amount of power could do to anyone around!) that's why they can only use that tiny amount. Point being, with the effect radiation has on something like this, and being that everything that has an electric current or field -including your own body- can be disrupted by these things, while I've never seen it or heard of it myself, I wouldn't be 1 bit suprised if it could be shown that frequencies in cell phone range could maybe cause seizures -especially if the wavelengths are....how do I put this in English....similar to the frequencies that the electrical system in the human body has. (It would take a book to properly explain what I'm saying there.) The short of it is; theoretically, radio waves CAN affect seizures if they're the right frequency.

What concerns me is that many of my seizures happen in the car, and two of my most severe ones happened just after I'd passed a huge cell phone antenna, but I guess it'd be hard NOT to pass a cell phone tower today? I also read that motion itself can trigger seizures, too, so...?

I, personally, do not trust this new technology. Just sitting at this computer can cause my lower jaw to 'buzz' and tighten. And then I read stuff like this and realize we're not being told the half of it...

German Doctors Unite on RF Health Effects:
http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/news/20050722_bamberg.asp

Attitudes to the Health Dangers of Non-Thermal EMFs:
http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/news/20080117_bevington_emfs.pdf

Electrical Sensitivity & Hypersensitivity:
http://www.ei-resource.org/illness-...ns/electrical-sensitivity-&-hypersensitivity/

Electrohypersensitivity (EHS) in the Netherlands:
http://www.stichtingehs.nl/images/stories/EHS/ehs_in_the_netherlands_2008.pdf

Well, it would be kinda' hard for it to affect you for that brief period. Yet I'm not an M.D. so I can't say 100% ...although even they more than likely couldn't :) This is 1 reason I do not, and WILL NOT use a microwave. Contrary to what we're told, frequencies of that range can even affect the nutritional value of food, not to mention the chemicals in plastics getting into it. Think about it....why do they say that microwaves are so dangerous to people with pacemakers? It's not just the magnetic current/field, but also as I say above about wavelengths, the frequency that the 2 give off are so similar....
As for the "not being told the half of it", for starters go get the books "Natural cures, what 'they' don't want you to know" and "more natural cures revealed" by Kevin Tredeau (I always spell his name wrong). Then play around on-line for some of the stuff about cell towers. I'd also suggest you subscribe to the (free) on-line newletters by Dr. Mercola and Dr. Douglass. They are 2 M.D.'s that are breaking away from all the cover-ups by the drug companies, food industries (like Monsantos, ADM, etc.), and letting people know about a lot of stuff that the F.D.A., F.T.C., and other people & agencies are NOT telling us. I've been digging into the natural/Eastern/herbal medicine for years and have uncovered more than you'd believe!

I actually read a bunch of books about cell phone towers and EMFs and microwaves. My favorites are the ones written by Dr. Robert O. Becker ('The Body Electric' and 'Cross Currents') and B. Blake Levitt ('Cell Towers - Wireless Convenience? or Environmental Hazard?' and 'Electromagnetic Fields: A Consumer's Guide to the Issues and How to Protect Ourselves'). After reading these, I got rid of my cordless phone and will only use the clock and fan on my microwave, not the oven itself.

In fact, I actually checked the levels with a special meter that measures EMFs, and I had to stand maybe...?...10 feet away from my microwave?...all the way in my living room...to not get 'zapped' by it, because it leaks! And the 'background' EMFs in my home...and this is away from appliances...measure 3-4 milligauss or higher 24/7. Most other homes I've measured run maybe 1-2 milligauss? My next-door neighbor's home though measures...?...I think it was 6-10 milligauss?...it was even higher than mine.

I've wondered for a long time about my wireless router. I have a super powerful one with a booster anntenae. (I like sitting out in the yard under a tree and working on my computer)

As long as you shut the modem off when you are not using the lap top or unplug it (better yet) it won't really do anything. Re-read what I wrote about power limits and GHZ range with 2-way radios. If your modem is THAT strong to be able to be used from the yard....! UGH! Especially don't be anywhere near the modemfor any extended length of time when it's operating!

Oh....to help explain further if you want, I would need to know the frequency produced by your modem, or whatever other device, you're wondering about. The secondary harmonics are what determine what gets affected by what. To put it in English, that means, if you're transmitting on 15 MGHZ for example, everything on 30 MGHZ, 60 MGHZ, 120 MGHZ, 240MGHZ, etc. will be affected by it. So, if a cell phone you're using is on 900MGHZ, if your body's electrical field is operating at (and who knows what they operate at?) 1800, or 3600 MGHZ, you bet it will have an effect!! Unfortunately, no one (that I know of at least) has done any studies on what frequencies the human (or any other body) resonates at.

i have no idea about frequencies... lol....

and never think to shut off my modem. i can hardly remember to tie my shoes sometimes. like today.

p.s. my wifi reaches about 200 feet

Read Dr. Robert O. Becker's 'The Body Electric' though. 'Cross Currents', too. They both are page-turning excellent! He's deceased, but he was twice nominated for a Nobel Prize. He wondered why salamandars could regrow new limbs if they were severed, yet humans couldn't. Bone is the only organ humans can regenerate. But most people don't realize that if the tip of their finger is severed above a certain point, the fingertip will regrow...fingernail and all...so there is potential for humans to regenerate virtually any organ tissue with the right 'electricity', and that was the bulk of Dr. Becker's research.

Take cancer cells. Under the microscope they look chaotic. But regenerative stem cells also appear chaotic as they go through the process of 'deciding' what type of tissue to become. So is cancer really regeneration gone awry? Makes you wonder!

When my seizures started up about six years ago, I used to wonder if my cell phone use could have possibly had anything to do with it. Everyone told me I was just being paranoid. And though this article doesn't mention neurological damage, googling it does make me wonder. Seriously thinking of just using a land line, and tossing my cellphone. Those with children might want to pay particular attention to this.
http://livingtraditionally.com/new-urgent-warning-cell-phone-users-worst-place-store-cell-phone/

I wouldn't put too much stock in that particular article, I'm afraid. Cellphones may turn out to be problematic at some point, but studies so far haven't shown any consistent link between cellphone use and cancers of the brain, nerves, or other tissues of the head or neck. They don't emit the amount or variety of radiation that can have those kinds of health effects. (And consider how many lives cellphones have saved!).

That said, it never hurts to think about how and why we use our phones, and whether they might be problematic in other ways (stress, distraction factor, etc). And it wasn't until after folks had been using devices like smartphones and computers and iPads for awhile that studies showed that prolonged viewing of certain kinds of monitors can interfere with sleep.

Similarly, it took a while before doctors figured out that radar guns were causing testicular cancer is some police troopers: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8213849

Radiation schmadiation. There is so much radiation bouncing around right now. I'd be more worried about atmospheric conditions changing and bouncing higher wattage signals at my noggin and/or testicles just for measure.

Yeah, and what's the deal with prohibiting smoking cigarettes indoors most places?

LMFAO

From what my Epileptologist and neurosurgeon told me it's the frequency that a cell phone uses that can trigger seizures for
some people. I have my ham radio license and can talk on the radio and that doesn't bother me at all but if I'm around a lot
of people using their cell phone at the same time it puts me into a seizure. I even had a special e.e.g. done and I didn't realize
it but the Drs. were purposely firing up their cell phones during the e.e.g and whenever they used their phone a spike went up
in the e.e.g. during my test. I was told it's the frequency that cell phones use that can sometimes cause seizures and this is
known as being "Cell phone Sensitive"
Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You,

Sue

Back
Top Bottom