Coronavirus

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Fedup,

Take my word I am looking out for myself and I have a lot if time built up so I may retire early this yr. I think
35 yrs. is enough. I also found out today that 6 postal workers now have the virus so I will have to get my mail
with gloves on and wipe it down before I can open it up. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

We seem to heading to more semi-lockdowns/restrictions since COVID cases are on the rise again. There's a lot of stress coming from all sides, so I hope folks can find ways to get relief and help as needed.

Gone into lock down with me to try and reduce the rate down, some people just do not seem to be taking this serious still.

Hi Fedup,

I'm sorry to hear you had to go into a lockdown again. I have heard that when Thanksgiving break comes
one of the big colleges by my house is telling all the students not to come back until the spring semester. If
this is true the population will go way down because the college owns 2/3's of the town. It's Cornell University.
The principal of the school where I work has been quarantined for 2 wks. because she's been around someone
that has the virus and I found out on Monday that one of my students is quarantined also so give it time and they
will probably shut the school down for me also. I wish all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thankfully, we haven't had another full lockdown. There are restrictions on some things, though. Masks are required everywhere. Now, restaurants, for example, can only serve diners outside or for drive through/take out.

We're finally getting things under control here. My state had been in lockdown (especially the city) since August and the other day we recorded our 1st day of all states not having 0 new cases in a very long time.

The premier of my state is slowly easing restrictions.
Where I live isn't so bad but it's a bit crazy because I'm on the border of 2 states and restrictions are strict in my state but the other state they're pretty eased.

They still have borders closed which makes it harder to get over but there's talk they may open soon 🤷‍♀️🙄

I knew it was going to happen sooner or later and it did a parent came into the school with covid and on top of that
an employee of a well known dept. store where many people shop went to work with the virus for 3 days so thanks to both of these
people I got tested today and I'm losing time from work. I'm grateful I have 4 months sick time. I just hope my test comes back
negative and everything is fine. Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

I hope you test negative Sue and can stay healthy. Take care.

Hi Nakamova,

Thanks for your kind words I will know in 2-3 days what the test results show.
Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

We seemed to keep Covid pretty much under control here compared to most countries but were probably a little more slower with the vaccine roll out.

I think out of all the states the one I live in which is Victoria has copped it the worse, last year they had 2 big lock downs then after that every time there is a slight case of covid they have a snap lock downs which is usually only for 1 - 2 weeks and they pretty much happen straight away.

At the moment Sydney area which is the main cities of New South Wales (the state which joins onto Victoria) has a bad case of covid but it’s only now the state leader is putting in strict restrictions.

It’s now gone to Melbourne again so last Thursday it was announced we would be in a 5 day snap lock down. This is the 3rd lock down this year for my state and 5th since covid so we’re used to it but the smaller businesses do struggle to keep open.

Im just lucky that where I work we’ve been able to stay open during the pandaemic.

From my understanding and little bits of info I seen on the news there were some removalists who moved a family from Sydney in NSW (the city that was infected with covid) to Melbourne. These removalists had covid and either didn’t report their info correctly or didn’t get test it. But it’s under investigation.

One of the towns they went through was actually not far from where I live but I don’t think they went near me (NSW / Vic Border. Albury is the adjoining town to me)

Hi Folks,
Here we go again with the delta virus. I can't believe how many people have gotten it in NYS and
they are asking people to wear masks out in public and this fall at schools. You may want to start
stocking up on groceries and other supplies before things run out like the last time. I even got an
e-mail from my local health dept. stating it's going to be risking even if a person got the shot.
My cousin is a Dr. and he told me to take zinc 50 mg. twice a day to help fight it off along with
vitamin C. Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Over here my state has just come out of snap lock down but the state I border with is getting more cases. My state seems to have stricter rules then the state which has all the cases.

Probably because we had a big cluster and lockdown last year so are used to it.
At the moment where I live we still have to wear masks everywhere except own home. No visitors. They only just allowed sit down dining again at restaurants, cafe, pubs with limited seating (before it was, take away only). Limited people are funerals and weddings. There are a couple of other rules but can't think of them at the moment

We were just starting to be able to go into some public places without masks. Thanks to the sudden increase due to the Delta variant, many places are suggesting or requiring masks again--even if you're vaccinated.
Its mostly because of the people who refuse to get the vaccine "because they don't want it", "they won't get it", or other crazy reasons like that. The increase in cases is in unvaccinated people.

I’m on the border of 2 states so it has been a nightmare as both states have both been affected by covid.
Last year my state and at the moment the other state.
At the moment they have a bubble so any residents who live in certain towns were only aloud to cross the border but with covid cases getting higher on the city in nsw (the adjoining state).

They have now bought it in that you can only go over to the other side of the border for the following reasons as of tomorrow night:
From 11:59pm Tuesday the 3rd of August, border bubble residents will only be allowed to cross the border and enter Victoria for six reasons. Then they can go only go a certain distance

These include:
👉 Necessary goods and services, including medical care and getting a COVID-19 test
👉 Care and compassionate reasons
👉 Paid or voluntary work
👉 Education including childcare and early childhood services
👉 Getting a COVID-19 vaccination
👉 Sport and exercise at a sporting club or at a sport or physical recreation facility (EXCLUDING alpine areas)

we did all this last year but the roles were reversed, as it was Victoria (my state) which was in lockdown and we needed a pass just to cross the border. So for my boss and my co workers who lived over on the other side of the border I was updating their passes every 2 weeks.

My state came out of a snap lock down either last week or the week before, now they’re getting more case. So this afternoon they announced another week long lockdown, no mucking around. Usually it’s as of midnight or the next day but no it started 8pm tonight and it’s the whole state.

Even though where I live haven’t had any cases we are still part of the lock down as they don’t want covid spreading here

Our governor has just mandated masks for schools when they open over the next 3 weeks, regardless of vaccinations. Some stores have started to require them again as well.

Our governor has just mandated masks for schools when they open over the next 3 weeks, regardless of vaccinations. Some stores have started to require them again as well.
We’ve had to wear masks on and off for a year now but depending on how bad the virus was at the time depending on when and where you wore them.
But it all depends on how many cases we had or how bad the virus was as to when we had to wear the mask.

For ages we were wearing it all the time then the rules eased off to only in shops and public transport then only public transport then eventually you had to wear it in shops again.

At the moment we have to wear them everywhere but home.

Back
Top Bottom