Déjà vu pre-ictal phase

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skyfire322

Stalwart
Reaction score
Lately I have experienced a lot of déjà vu, followed by petit mal or myclonic seizures. I know that jamais vu is pretty much common place for epilepsy, but I really don't experience this quite as often.

I'm wondering if this happens with anyone else?

Hi Skyfire322,

My complex partials were also deja vu; with occasional dissociation (out-of-body experience). (the reason I say "were" is because I had resection surgery in August and so far so good) Not sure if you've ever seen an epileptologist regarding your auras/partials, but it is definitely worth it.

Best of luck to you!
--Dan

Thank you for the responses!

Not sure if you've ever seen an epileptologist regarding your auras/partials, but it is definitely worth it.
--Dan

My current one is telling me that what I'm experiencing is just non-epileptic, stress related, and to go see a psychiatrist. *facepalm* I'm going to be getting a second opinion in a few weeks, so I will definitely bring this up.

Deja vu for me is the first type I have and is my warning to slow down and rest before I go to far.

For myself after a tonic clonic seizure it will take up to a week to be able to function somewhat normally then for the next 6-10 weeks I will recognize virtually everyone I see. People at the corner store, lineups driving almost every person I look at. Although If I ran into someone I knew or have just met in the last 10 years I will have no idea who they are and I swear I have never seen them, although I recognize everyone else.

Deja vus were my main seizure type for over 30 years and are very common. Both my simple partials and complex partials are deja vus--but very very different in intensity level. I also have myoclonics but have never had those two combine--Maybe you are having partial seizures with motor features and not myoclonics? Since partials and myoclonics aren't a part of the same epilepsy syndrome (I have both focal epilepsy and idiopathic generalized epilepsy so I have both types but not part of the same seizure). Anyway, I'm glad you are getting a second opinion!!

Back
Top Bottom