Diary of an Epileptic

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I thought

I'd chime in for just a minute....I have found, with some help, a few wonderful GF cookbooks. They are:

Wheat Free Recipes & Menus by Carol Fenster, PhD

Gluten Free Diet by Shelley Case

1000 Gluten Free Recipes by Carol Fenster,

I like them all quite well, they have their own benefits--the second one has a lot of up to date information from the FDA here in the US. All of them have a mixture of ethnic recipes.......some of them quite yummy.....like a black bean chili....and I don't like chili....:)

I hope the GF stuff works for you. When my gluten-free brother visited last week, I made gluten-free brownies (Betty Crocker! Delicious and easy!), and I bought gluten-free rolls and bagels from my supermarket to have with smoked salmon and cream cheese. And since my bro has no problem with meat, we also hit the local rib joint for barbecue and fries...

If he were visiting for longer I'd probably cook a lot of quinoa&veggie casseroles, and use rice noodles too.

You know

what's funny, I've made those Betty Crocker brownies, and everyone here ate them, thinking they were normal brownies, and could NOT figure why I was MAD. Until they all saw the box.......:roflmao::roflmao::bigmouth:

They didn't leave any for me!!!

I had another seizure full day on saturday. \

I was up until 6am chatting with my girlies until one of them made me go to be because I kept staring off.

The I had lots of complex partials, myoclonics and absences all day to finish off with tonic clonic at 5:11pm

I need to get back onto gluten free full force.

I also have a sore throat/headache/cold. I checked out online and Im not supposed to mix aspirin or acetaminephine with Dilantin so im stuck with ibuprophen or the stuff that starts with a "G" in buckley's. boo.

I also have a sore throat/headache/cold. I checked out online and Im not supposed to mix aspirin or acetaminephine with Dilantin so im stuck with ibuprophen or the stuff that starts with a "G" in buckley's. boo.

I'm fighting off a cold/bronchitis right now too. Try ginger tea for your throat, or tea with lemon & honey.

I love honey. its so tasty. way better than sugar.

I love tea. its so soothing and comforting before bed. I think I need to get into the habit of drinking it at night again.

Honey is an antiseptic, so if you have a bacterial infection in your throat, it will help with that. Just so's you know.

Tea before bed is yummy. Just not too much tea, or I ahve to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night lol

Yeah it keeps me up if I have it past 9:00.. lol

Tea is so good with honey and lemon.

You can always do decaf! Decaf green tea is great. Also Gypsy Throat Coat tea is good for sore throats.

Lots of herbal teas out there actually are supposed to help with sleep, I thnk, but I can't remember the names of any of them.

Chamomile and jasmine teas help for sleep. also lemongrass and spearmint.

I LOVE Sleepy Time Tea. It doesn't make me sleepy, but it does relax me and I love the taste! :)

Doing pretty good lately.
Havent gotten back to gluten free, but last tonic clonic was on saturday. So im doing well.

although I had a few small foot jerks this morning. *myoclonics most likely* and have had the hiccups since 11am! its almost noon! this hurts!

Jeezzzzz, Rae. That's a LONG TIME to have hiccups. Your sides/abdomen must hurt. I'd send you a hug, but it might make it worse. :(

Not that it would get to this point, but the Wikipedia site has the drug interventions, if things don't eventually calm down. They also have a few folk remedies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiccup

Jeezzzzz, Rae. That's a LONG TIME to have hiccups. Your sides/abdomen must hurt. I'd send you a hug, but it might make it worse. :(

Not that it would get to this point, but the Wikipedia site has the drug interventions, if things don't eventually calm down. They also have a few folk remedies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiccup

*snicker* Thorazine...for hiccups? Yikes! I think I'd rather have the hiccups :/

Back
Top Bottom