Diary of an Epileptic

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

At least he's being careful about it, instead of willy-nilly like we're used to with docs.

he also said I need to set up with a dentist to see if my mouth/teeth/gums are okay to be on this med. he says lots of people have gum/tooth sensitivity. I told him I always have sensitive teeth so he wants me to get checked out to see. If the dentist say that I should be on it to save my mouth, then he says we will try tegretol.

I remember when I was on Dilantin that a common side-effect was swollen gums that bleed easily. Not everyone gets that side-effect but it's a good one to avoid.

yeah.
not sure what has gotten into him. he changes back and forth from being good to crap to craptacular.

I hate doctors.

yeah.
not sure what has gotten into him. he changes back and forth from being good to crap to craptacular.

I hate doctors.

Same with lazydoc -- he was actually kind of great when we saw him last, but next time, who knows...

I hate them too, but only when they're unpredictable or sucky.

"I'm not saying anything isn't wrong with you, we just don't know right now. We'll probably find out on your Autopsy"

Holy s***!

If a doctor here ever said that out loud to a patient, I can't begin to imagine how much trouble they'd be in! I mean, I'm laughing, but more in disbelief and shock than anything else. Anyone got a prybar? I think my jaw is permanently stuck to my floor now...

I know.
This is the same "professional" that told me to be wary of the impression I give to young men about my tongue ring.

"I'm not saying anything isn't wrong with you, we just don't know right now. We'll probably find out on your Autopsy"

Also he seems to like to use that line when he is stumped with someone. Its on there twice.

Last edited:
my recently FIRED psychiatrist asked me about my personal relationships when I first met him. I told him I am not seeing anyone. He then asked if I was gay, and I told him no. He then turned and said well, that is good. I should have walked away right then and there.

I fired him, after he or his office taking the time to call in a prior authorization and calling me back. He finally calls me personally and tells me he can't work with me. I told that is great because I fired you! You don't get to do this to me. No sir! good by have a great day. He even sent a certified letter to my home. I cringed and did not even open it for a few days. Noticed it was not from a creditor or bank and opened it. It was the doc again saying he can no longer work with me. lol what a pompous ass~!

Another seizure.
2am March 31,2010.
No chewing my tongue again, but Chad said it was a little more violent than it has been lately.
Im assuming this is the because I am not doing the Gluten Free diet. I think Im going to start agian. darn. I enjoyed the pasta last night...

Rice pasta is tastey when it's cooked right.

Your neuro sounds like a real... creep, actually. Every time I think about the autopsy comment and the tongue piercing thing I get that downturned mouth thing that I get when in the presence of creepy men.

I enjoyed the pasta last night...

Bummer on the seizure *hug*

But I had some gluten free pasta at a local restaurant that serves gluten free (they have an entire section of their kitchen devoted to it) and I honestly couldn't tell the difference. I think I am gonna try and find out what they're using. There's also one I found at the local whole foods store that's pretty good, a rice flour one, I think, that aside from having to cook it longer, I couldn't tell the difference in flavor at all.

Man life is complicated with E.
Since going on the medication I feel like things have escalated in a way. or maybe im just paying attention to my triggers more. seizures seem to be at the same rate as before the meds, but far less tonic clonics than before.

Well, that's a start, at least. None of this is ideal, really. meds have their own problems, dietary restrictions are sometimes difficult to maintain *sigh*

What would be really awesome would be if E clinics or E associations had access to naturopaths, neuros and nutritionists so people could go different routes with the proper support systems in place. 'Twould make all choices a little easier to implement and stick to. For example -- I want a meal plan for specific diets, because I'm busy and I'm often not good at planning stuff and it would be useful for me in terms of getting started and used to the diet.

EXACTLY!

I am not a great cook, and dont have alot of time and a very vast love of ethnic food. you cant really find anything like that. I have been eating the stuff in the gluten free diet section in the "kitchen" since before xmas and a few I have found on my own. but it mostly consists of soups and basic meat and potato stuff. nothing fun and exciting. and nothing I can really make a large meal out of for having guests over.

Meal plans would be amazing.

I think me and you *and whoever wants to help* should come up with an east meal plan and one that is cost effective and can work well with left overs.

Good idea! One of my biggest issues is knowing what to shop for on the weekend, so I don't have to go during the week -- having a plan would make that so much simpler. There are GF cookbooks out there... I wonder if some of them have meal plans?

You know what, the E Association here is in the same building as the Coeliac Association. I wonder if they have meal plans at all?

I would love a meal plan for the GARD elimination diet, with info on why this food is okay and why that one must be avoided, so I could start it and learn more while being on it.

Back
Top Bottom