Diary of an Epileptic

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Oh, and we are still pushing our slacking wedding party to sell social tickets and hand out the donation letters. I want this social huge. I'm excited about putting out a cheque to the E foundation, instead of the Joubert Syndrome we were orginally gonna do. We hadnt told any one which charity we picked, but everyone assumed it was for Joubert's or Autism, because Chad has a cousin with Jouberts who is 16 *which she is one of the oldest still alive, they dont live long, and she isnt expected to live any farther than 21* and one with Autism.

So I do want to contribute to the cause of finding a cure, I just want to be... I actually dont know what I want. I know I dont want E.

Its monday yet again.
My weekend sucked.

let me re-capp for you"

Friday after I was calming down about my spastic rant earlier, and planned to go down to MPI *manitoba public insurane, basically the end all be all to vehicle insurance and drivers licenses and now general ID*
The link that Occb set me up with said that it costs $20 a year, and it takes 10 minutes to do. So i thought great, i can go to my friend Sheldon's 20th birthday party at Stereo *a night club* and I wont be worried about being turned away.

So I went in, I sat down and asked if I could get the Manitoba Identification Card. They asked if I have ever possesed a license. I said yes. She said well then I can't issue you a MID because you can't have both. So I told that my license had expired. She said it didnt matter, that I would have to pay to renew it, because thats still valid ID if I renew. I said okay, I'll renew *knowing that my license is suspended, but thinking that they just renew it and then keep on file that its suspended.* She goes through all the normal steps and then says, nope sorry your license is suspended. *which she then gives me this dirty look like its suspended because I stole cars, or ran someone over*

I said so now can I get the MID? she said no. I can't have both. I told I dont even have a license right now. She said I did, it just wasnt valid, and I would have to speak to the person who issued the suspension and get them to give you the go ahead to renew *this wont happen because of the seizure-free law*

So if that was confusing I'll break it down.
1) My driving priviledges had been suspended
2) My driving portion of my license has expired, my picture part is valid until 2012
3) Due to the driving portion being expired, my photo ID is no longer considered a valid form of ID to enter bars, lounges, buy alcohol, cigarettes, fireworks, lighters. etc.
4) Due to the suspension, I can't renew my license
5) Due to the fact that I have a license, I can not apply for a regular Manitoba Identification card. "I cant have both"
6) So as of this point in time, I am treated as a minor because I technically do not have a valid form of photo ID.

**SIDE NOTE: the photo part of my license is valid, but only if the attached driving portion is. They would not accept this even though the plastic fancy, non-forgible license card says the same information as the easily forged, thin paper copy**

**Our bars, liquor marts etc, do not accept marriage certificates, birth certificates, social insurance numbers, manitoba health cards as valid ID**

**The other ID that they do accept is: Fire Arms Possesion License (im not allowed) Hunter and Safety license (I cant have one) Police Badge, or Occupation badge (shows a photo on an electronic card with your information on it.) (I dont work some where that issues these. These come from hospitals, paramedics, Universitys, Technical/Chemical areas etc) and they accept the liquor license, which they no longer issue.**

So that was my Friday. Needless to say I cried in the car the whole way home, and Im madder the Hockey Night in Canada right now. They can tell me when I can drive, fine. But they can tell me if I can get into a bar, or buy things that require ID, NOT FINE!

Take the letter suspending it for medical reasons to them? Also research if Canadian law is the same as US law, which reuqires anyone over a certian age to carry photo ID. If so, you have a lef to stand on to say "here's my license, here's the ledical suspension, I require photo ID, what are my options?"

Saturday was a bit better.
I texted sheldon telling him i am so sorry for not being able to come to his party *I was wary anyone with all the flashing lights and the possiblity of trigger songs coming on (new on is Blah Blah Blah by Kesha) so he bassically accused me of backing out the second he told me about his party plans. like I had control over if I seized or not* So when I texted him, he got mad. saying I was ditching. Didnt understand how I could let my license expire when nobody else forgets.

I had to remind him that I never really drove much in the first place, and it got suspended, so I cant renew it. Then had to got hrought the whole speech above with him. He suddenly felt very bad about the situations I get put into. So he changed it to a pool hall.

I was good, I drank a little and played a bit of pool, and the when back to our place to watch a movie. I was up until 4am, after getting up at 9:30am that morning and the following morning.

Sunday we had a barbcue with my parents. I ate a whole freaking steak! and this doesnt happen. I dont like the thought of meat, or the feeling of flesh/tendons/veins in my stomach and mouth. nto appealing, but this was so good. I ate that with roasted zucchini, red and yellow peppers, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, sauteed onions and mushrooms and a big caesar salad. My dad is a great cook!

Take the letter suspending it for medical reasons to them? Also research if Canadian law is the same as US law, which reuqires anyone over a certian age to carry photo ID. If so, you have a lef to stand on to say "here's my license, here's the ledical suspension, I require photo ID, what are my options?"

Yes, I have to call their head office number during the hours of 8-4 monday to friday. There is no law requiring photo ID. you can chose not to. but until you look your age, you cant buy things/or go places that a minor cant. and thats okay with some people.

I think the burocracy of maintaining/securing valid ID in Manitoba just gave me a small, but painful aneurism.

Are they kidding??!!!eleventy!!11?

Oh Rae, whatchya gonna do? At least pool halls are way more fun and less flashy than dance halls.

Yeah, I know
but it bugs me how they now have control over other parts of my life

not sure what i'm gonna do. gotta call I guess

It sounds like that's the only thing you can do right now. Maybe someone out there in phoneland can actually help you out.

Hey Rae, if all else fails, I will make you a fake ID. :)

sweeeeet! FAKE ID!!!!
I always wanted one to get into things when I wasn't legal, now I need one to do things when I am legal!

Phoneland is my enemy right now. I am going to email the city hall or something, because I can garuntee there are plenty of people out there going through this that feel stuck, i just dont think that the majority of those people are teenagers and young adults having their best years ripped from them without proof of legality. Old guys *sorry* look their age and dont require ID for those things

Oh, and on another note. I have decide to stop doing the GF diet for the time being. I want to see if it was the gluten free that helped with control, or if it jsut helped the lamictal absorb better, which is what caused me the problem but also better control?

So I wont worry about it for a bit while I am on Dilantin. see how I go.

lol
no, i was thinking a little more hardcore. Roxanne Stones! *get it? rocks and stones? hardcore? :D*

How about Ida Noe? That way, regardless of your post-ictal state, you can always answer the question, "what's your name?"

HA AHA HA!
*Just realized that this was meant for new people diagnosede to E, for some help, so a tiny back step here.*

Don't use a fake ID. Please follow the :rulez:

Back
Top Bottom