Do Dream About Your Seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
I always dream about my seizures. Have you done this? Is this the way my body could be telling me something? Why would this be happening?
For example yesterday when I took my afternoon nap I had a dream that I had to go to the hospital here becuase of my seizures and it was the same doctor that saw me the last time when I went there in real life and she didn't beleave me. So in my deem she still didn't beleave me and then I had a seizure an fell off the ER table and then everyone in the ER beleaved me. By then I just wanted to go home and I walked and then fell to the ground crawling out of the hospital with all the IVs and machines hooked to me. Then my husband saw me and was trying to get me so we could leave.
That was all I remembered. But my dreams always are, the doctors don't beleave me, or one doctor does but were trying to make the other doctors beleave me, or no one believes me and I m trying to prove to them that there not all in my head.
This has been going on for a while and it's like the plot of my dream is always the same. It's driving me nuts there allways along the line of me having seizures and being pregnant or having a baby.
I m sure this sounds crazy but I don't know what else to think.

Having a seizure and going to the hospital and dealing with disbelieving docs are all pretty traumatic things, so it makes sense that they might show up in your dreams and/or nightmares. Anything that is worrisome and dramatic can have a way of working its way into our sleepytime preoccupations.

I have been going through things similar to you JLogefeil and I totally dream about my seizures too.
I have even dreamed about having a seizure and then woken up and had a seizure.

Or I dream that I'm having a seizure but I can't wake up. Usually I can wake myself up from dreams when they get too scary.

I think dreams help us through things that we find hard to deal with during the day.
So your dreams are perfectly normal just like Nakamova says!

Sometimes I find it helps to write down my dreams if they are bothering me.

Dreams are your subconscious minds way of working through problems and your emotions surrounding those problems. Since it's been such an issue with you, it's likely your mind trying to work out your issues as best it can...

It might be scary at the time, but actually it's probably a good thing :)

I have dreamt about having seizures, especially immediately after my diagnosis. One night I jumped out of bed and thought I was going to be waking up in an ambulance/hospital. I'm not super experienced with T/C seizures, but from the ones I have had, it's scary waking up and not knowing what is going, and that can cause a decent amount of stress to carry over into your dreams (the psych major in me is speaking now).

No,personally i dont dream about my seizures,or at least not that i remember.Thank god i dont,i look upon my sleep time as a few hours when i DONT have to worry about been stressed out and i can forget about epilepsy for a while.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom