Do You Experience Psychic Phenomena?

Which of the following psychic phenomenon have you experienced?

• I know who is on the phone before I pick it up (without caller ID!)

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • I know the unknowable: I know the future, secret things about others, or other types of "knowing."

Votes: 47 47.5%
  • My psychic "knowing" almost always turns out later to be true.

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • I speak directly with god(s)/angels or I've heard/talked with demons.

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • I see dead people. Sometimes I might even talk with them.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I can physically affect objects, like bend spoons or move pencils.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I'm electrical. Watches stop or run oddly, I short out things, lights go haywire, or I shock people.

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • I see auras around people. I feel their vibration or frequency, or I can see into their soul.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I've seen UFO's or encountered aliens.

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 46 46.5%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Does the poll mean psychic in a strictly paranormal sense rather than the mysticism sense? Would 'spiritual experiences' be classed as psychic phenomena?

I used to get the electrical thing all of the time. And I've experienced some of the mental states that are described as being side effects of LSD/mescaline/etc.

i was told if did eeg on medium who in a trance it would show ep activity which great shame cos i believed it

Does the poll mean psychic in a strictly paranormal sense rather than the mysticism sense? Would 'spiritual experiences' be classed as psychic phenomena?

I used to get the electrical thing all of the time. And I've experienced some of the mental states that are described as being side effects of LSD/mescaline/etc.

IDK what the Poll refers to in the exclusive sense. I don't tend to think of any of the things I have experienced as being Paranormal or Mystical. In fact I mostly avoid 'Going there' because so much of it is so highly subjective. There are a whole host of things I do experience however that other's do NOT (with the exception of a few on the forum). My view is that Utility is a human invention.
Sure the things I experience are not standard, and they might well be completely a matter of my own perception but the instant I find a use for them, they become an advantage. So I don't spend my time trying to bend the experiences I have to what i think they should be and i don't try to make them match my own preconceived notions about such stuff. I just try to imagine how I can put any of it to use because either way I am stuck with it all.

i think therefore i am...you have to wonder if these great men like descates had ep

well I know I have floaters
photisms, if a broad term and not just the type of thing that shows up on Google Images all dark and star-trekky looking (https://www.google.com/search?q=pho...Gsbs2QXqh4BQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=1680&bih=959 some artwork using the term apparently) then I may also have some... visuals of things like a glowing or dark thing that will quickly dart from my periphery ...

I've definitely had this type of visual at night.. ---> http://www.photism.net/index.html

:banana:

i get the darting lights, and sometimes they come in from outter side of view and just sit in center view, when i reach out to touch it at it or whatever, it zips away
. and they are different from the ones i get before a migrane which i never get, these have tails like comets and the others i described above dont and they are ecru white while the comets are blue ice white

Well...

When I was a teenager my friend told me how to see an aura and I tried it and saw she had a purple one. I haven't done it since - perhaps I'll check out online how to do it again! As for vibes - I'm usually very sensitive to power dynamics and I generally can feel if something's going on for someone. No idea if it's epilepsy related though, of course. Oh and yes - I'm pretty sure its temporal lobe for me. I always forget stuff during/after seizures- and my migraines (associated? Not sure...) are always in my left side.

I love this site, always find I'm not alone. I have serios deja vu - I dream things, mundane things like waiting at an airport for someone when I don't know they're coming then get a phone call telling me to get to the airport and it all looks the same, even conversations with strangers. Or meetings with clients I haven't met and it's way too familiar - the way they drink coffee, that they have to answer a phone when no call was expected. I have painted some dreams - when they repeat and that's the only way to get them out of my head. It always sounded so weird. And this was before and after the drugs/diagnosis. Thanks for sharing so much.

My deja vu's are exactly the same. I have never heard anyone else describe exactly what I feel and see. Thanks for sharing.

I see dead people and talk to them. Especially here in England at a place called ordsall hall. Even in my own home I also hear a lady say hello when it's only me and the dog and fish in the house.

why do these experiences never give yo lottory numbers

When I wasn't old enough to do the lottery, they actually did give me the lottery numbers. I told my mum and dad to use these numbers. They were going to but in the end used their numbers instead. And every one of my numbers came up. Never been able to do that again. Don't do the lottery often. But maybe one day.

Clear clare

In the late 70's I started channeling. Someone kept identifying himself as Melchizedek. I gave him a nick name Michael Melchizedek. Now I had never heard the name Melchizedek ever. My family was far from religious even with all the kosher this and that and holidays nothing was mentioned. People started coming from all over. I got married twice dealing with seizures and pregnancy's etc. My second marriage I had gone to a trans-medium who was tutoring others. I got knocked up and he started taking me through out the country. People were coming. I was healing them but found I'd developed their malady's while they healed.
Needless to say I left him. Trying to get my life together. I still would be pointed in right directions if I'd listen to him. More times than not I'd ignore him. Funny He'd always win. It wasn't until 1997,(a yr. after my doc founds meds that partially worked), I had a calling from the Virgin Mother. I converted to Catholicism. It wasn't until I picked up a Catholic Bible. I automatically turned to Hebrews and after all those years I found out who Melchizedek was/is. I get so much insite that no one will listen to. He has come through me again recently and all I really want to do is pray but more has to be done. One thing I know it's not in mine or my Doctor's hands.

I've noticed I'll have intense dreams that absolutely always come true, down to every single detail and it always occurs even in the same day that I dreamed this. I can always guess who's calling with pure accuracy. Other than that, that's about it.

Definitely a spiritual connection here...

Been coming here for months seeking support silently but just found this thread. A lot of you have hit the nail on the head as far as what I'm feeling.

Does anyone else feel like their original five senses have been heightened as well?

As confusing as all of this seems to be, strangely it all makes sense and I am more at peace than ever before.

Hope all are well!

:hugs:

My neuro tried to add on Trileptal last year...I had a feeling it would take it away and stopped taking it after only a day. Thanking my lucky stars now, wish I had seen this then though so I could've been more certain. Thank you all for sharing!

I remember being put on something called Bactrin years ago right before my last surgery (circa 2010) and it was around the last week of April and I started to get sicker. They had me on too high of a dose and I had previously gone out to a concert. Instead of my voice getting better it got hoarser and I started not being able to eat my food without getting sick or even really do anything. Then I started to get migraines with auras and I get them weirdly. One side will go fuzzy for about 15 seconds and I'll have 15 minutes before the other side does it and after that I have 15 minutes before the migraine hits so just as it starts going fuzzy I start popping pills.

I digress. I was feeling really sick when I was either coming home or going out and I opened the garage door and I saw a shadowy figure standing in the carport leering at me. Scared the hell out of me and he felt really ominous. I've always seen and heard things (like my name being called when no one is there, a phrase being said and no one is there or when people are there and they're like what?) but it had been a while since I had seen a corporeal "man" standing there. I couldn't go in my garage for about two weeks, I was scared to death of it.

I'm also not okay with being alone, that's why I have my dog. Even if it's just a dog or a bird or something... I feel a little bit safer from what's out there and I feel presences but I close my mind to it a lot. I think I had a really bad experience when I was younger (and obviously in 2010) and it just feels better and safer to close my mind to it all. But I've seen hands under my couch and I've heard someone constantly calling my name while I was at work and no one would stand behind me consistently calling my name if they saw I was with customers.

I also have really vivid, horrific dreams. I wonder if they're in line with the fact that I block it all out. I find that writing helps somewhat. One dream I remember watching someone's face melt off and it was absolutely horrible. I've also had really vivid dreams of being behind at work or school and it happens or something happens (I use something because I can't recall a specific instance right now, my memory is playing hide and seek) in my dream and it happens in real life. I was also able to, when driving, predict what a driver was going to do before he did it. Both me and my mom could. It doesn't work as well if I'm not driving because then I lapse into not paying attention/sleeping.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has these experiences! I feel less alone now! I love all these stories!

I've had OBEs. I've also heard the voice of a child from time to time. Others have heard the same around me, though.

These phenomena occur because of TLE. Watch this video, done by Dr Ramachandran, a neurologist who has studied temporal lobe seizures and religion/god.

Part 1
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIiIsDIkDtg&feature=player_embedded, Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z4B5BYbjf8

I feel comfortable to confess something here I usually keep a secret because it is weird. Literally the second last option on the poll, exactly that.

A few years ago one night I got a headache in the center of my forehead and afterwards got weird things that changed in me. I began to see faint hazy auras around living things like glittery faint heat waves and still see it. It also came with a sense of feeling energy like a touch sensation. Its really weird like a tingling when things come within a certain distance of my hands. At a loss for any other explanation some said it might be some third eye opening thing because it came with a year of really scary freaky scary dreams and further headaches in my forehead.etc. I asked docs who checked vision and its fine and basically no explanation. A couple of docs said i might be psychic and I am not sure i fully buy that. There's one other thing too.

seeing you guys get stuff too what do you think have you had weird stuff like that too?

BTW i was stable on meds for many years when that happened with no change in anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom