Do You Experience Psychic Phenomena?

Which of the following psychic phenomenon have you experienced?

• I know who is on the phone before I pick it up (without caller ID!)

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • I know the unknowable: I know the future, secret things about others, or other types of "knowing."

Votes: 47 47.5%
  • My psychic "knowing" almost always turns out later to be true.

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • I speak directly with god(s)/angels or I've heard/talked with demons.

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • I see dead people. Sometimes I might even talk with them.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I can physically affect objects, like bend spoons or move pencils.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I'm electrical. Watches stop or run oddly, I short out things, lights go haywire, or I shock people.

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • I see auras around people. I feel their vibration or frequency, or I can see into their soul.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I've seen UFO's or encountered aliens.

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 46 46.5%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hey maryltyme, sorry the orbs or smells are back.
I go through about everything on the list except bending spoons.
I also pick up on police radars from far away didn't know if anyone else did.
Typically people with epilepsy, especially with the intuitive abilities were
always shamans or healers in Hopi culture both my parents are hopi but i did not grow up on the rez., not sure about the other native american tribes.

I see hyperbolic tessellations of the thing I am looking at when i wake up, in the morning.
It's not listed and i am not sure if it counts but it goes on , on a daily basis for about 5 minutes, they get gradually smaller until i can no longer see them anymore then everything looks normal.

I will leave it up to whomever is curious to google image search "hyperbolic tessellation" if you require a visual example. I still see everything I am looking at but whatever I am focused on that thing seems to make up the basic shape of the 'pixels' that are tiled making up everything else I see.

I don't pick up radio stations that i know of but there is no silence in my mind ever.it races constantly and I can not keep it from doing so i have learned to construct chains of reasoning that run in short cycles so that i can efficiently return to the thing I need to be thinking about. Sometimes the noise is clear enough that i can make sense of it at these times I can comprehend that it's the structure of the associative networks that make up more complex thoughts like "it's time to get a glass of water" or "this is the set of calculations which you will need to perform to walk across the room and turn on the furnace", other times it just sounds like a crowd.

I only see pictures when i blink also...and I sometimes believe I can predict the future...but I prefer not to talk about that because I fear it makes me sound insane. When it happens however I can physically sense a sort of tangible structure to how the events are connected and must therefore play out.

also sometimes my brain prints out very detailed diagrams for various things; Furniture, sculptures, paintings, and other things. they are not like ideas one has they are complete plans with detailed directions which are seared into my brain making it impossible to forget them and the plans are feasible so I know it's not some sort of madness.

and it goes on.
I am not sure how productive it is to discuss this stuff I'm a pragmatist but they are valid experiences and I don't know what it means. maybe it means nothing but I don't know other people who deal with any of it. I've known mystics of various types without ever being one myself. What I believe is that you can not name the Horizon in anyway that evokes what it is that is to say that i don't need for these experiences to have a rational explanation or a mystical one to know that they are valid in the sense that I actualy experienced and experience them.

I have experienced the things that you mentioned recently, prior to, I have experienced supernatural events as a child up into adult hood. I have not been diagnosed as having seizures, but I truly believe that I am, and again the slow motion, lego effect things only started after my surgury. I understand where you're coming from and I to question some events that has happened to me recently. I have experienced them both. The things that you have described above kind of gave me concrete evidence that I may very well be having aura's/simple partial seizures? I'm never sure how to classify them. All the seizure/aura stuff is new to me. Thanks for your post. I found it helpful!

What you describe does sound like seizures. I, too have experienced similar things, but for me they are part of the aura before a CP seizure. One time, I remember seeing my arm being unattached, sort of floating in mid-air, then I was out. Several other times before a TC seizure, my world suddenly goes in slow motion, like in the movies, the noise around me becomes so loud to the point my head feels like it is going to explode..... then I'm out. Other times as part of the aura (or simple partial), I would actually hear (or think I would hear) someone speaking to me, but when I would turn, no one would be there. That would be the last thing I would remember....

And as far as the physic phenomenon, I've never experienced anything except dreaded gloom & doom. IMO, this phenomenon is all a brain thing. There was recently a show on about a neurosurgeon from Harvard who experienced a near death experience himself due to meningitis. He used to be a skeptic about all, but now due to his illness, he is convinced there is proof of heaven. It's all one's perspective.
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/neurosurgeon-offers-proof-heaven-article-1.1192481

What you describe does sound like seizures. I, too have experienced similar things, but for me they are part of the aura before a CP seizure. One time, I remember seeing my arm being unattached, sort of floating in mid-air, then I was out. Several other times before a TC seizure, my world suddenly goes in slow motion, like in the movies, the noise around me becomes so loud to the point my head feels like it is going to explode..... then I'm out. Other times as part of the aura (or simple partial), I would actually hear (or think I would hear) someone speaking to me, but when I would turn, no one would be there. That would be the last thing I would remember....
[/url]

wow CINT, that's alot. I would freak out, not that I am not already. I got a feeling thats where my episodes are heading. I think soon and very soon, I will experience a tonic-clonic event.

CINT, have you experienced or do you experience white light (pin point holes, orbs?)in your vision. IF yes, do they move? or do they just stay in field of vision momentarily?

I see hyperbolic tessellations of the thing I am looking at when i wake up, in the morning.
It's not listed and i am not sure if it counts but it goes on , on a daily basis for about 5 minutes, they get gradually smaller until i can no longer see them anymore then everything looks normal.

I will leave it up to whomever is curious to google image search "hyperbolic tessellation" if you require a visual example. I still see everything I am looking at but whatever I am focused on that thing seems to make up the basic shape of the 'pixels' that are tiled making up everything else I see.

I don't pick up radio stations that i know of but there is no silence in my mind ever. it races constantly and I can not keep it from doing so i have learned to construct chains of reasoning that run in short cycles so that i can efficiently return to the thing I need to be thinking about. Sometimes the noise is clear enough that i can make sense of it at these times I can comprehend that it's the structure of the associative networks that make up more complex thoughts like "it's time to get a glass of water" or "this is the set of calculations which you will need to perform to walk across the room and turn on the furnace", other times it just sounds like a crowd.

I only see pictures when i blink also...and I sometimes believe I can predict the future...but I prefer not to talk about that because I fear it makes me sound insane. When it happens however I can physically sense a sort of tangible structure to how the events are connected and must therefore play out.

also sometimes my brain prints out very detailed diagrams for various things; Furniture, sculptures, paintings, and other things. they are not like ideas one has they are complete plans with detailed directions which are seared into my brain making it impossible to forget them and the plans are feasible so I know it's not some sort of madness.

and it goes on.
I am not sure how productive it is to discuss this stuff I'm a pragmatist but they are valid experiences and I don't know what it means. maybe it means nothing but I don't know other people who deal with any of it. I've known mystics of various types without ever being one myself. What I believe is that you can not name the Horizon in anyway that evokes what it is that is to say that i don't need for these experiences to have a rational explanation or a mystical one to know that they are valid in the sense that I actualy experienced and experience them.

what a great term
wow - ditto maybe 100%
bingo - exactly - sometimes it's hard for me to think in terms of the "deja vu" thing and instead think that I've come to certain foregone conclusions already about certain things that may have been partial and nonsensical blips in the past but in a present context create a fuller picture that makes me think I've had a sort of future-telling experience, or ... there's a term for it in the business world, forecasting on likely outcomes - I think it's a part of what makes the arts and epilepsy linked - foreseeing trends and likely outcomes
reference the above -^ exactly - sometimes I wonder if I have a tendency toward autistic spectrum traits in being able to see things in a structural context and in that same regard have an ability to see in a societal and global structural context which could explain a detailed foresight ability
amen

CINT, have you experienced or do you experience white light (pin point holes, orbs?)in your vision. IF yes, do they move? or do they just stay in field of vision momentarily?

The only time I've experienced the pin point holes in my vision is before a migraine. BTW, migraines and E are cousins.

I think why she was asking is because pin point holes and orbs that move, if they are constantly there, are symptoms of retina detachment

My psychic "knowing" almost always turns out later to be true.

was my pick.

I have always been very intuitive. I knew who was calling when the phone rang when I was a kid. I had a pretty decent track record guessing the lottery balls, but only as they were being drawn.

Now, it's mostly self intuition, things that are going to happen to me, or to someone very close to me. I "knew" my uncle was going to die when he was diagnosed with cancer, but I tried to fight it, tried to pour positive thoughts into it, into him.

I think why she was asking is because pin point holes and orbs that move, if they are constantly there, are symptoms of retina detachment

Yes, that's right. I've seen opthomologist, he has been monitoring eye pressure for glaucoma, but says there is no tear in retina.......yet!
I told him on last visit that things have changed, I also have black & white masses(momentary) and I see color blocks, mostley green, blue and red. They look like octangles, oval and rectangles shapes stacked on top of each other. The neuro dr doesn't think is seizure related and the eye dr thinks is neuro (nerve) related. You see, I can't win. I think they're trying to commit me!

hey maryltyme, sorry the orbs or smells are back.
I go through about everything on the list except bending spoons.
I also pick up on police radars from far away didn't know if anyone else did.
Typically people with epilepsy, especially with the intuitive abilities were
always shamans or healers in Hopi culture both my parents are hopi but i did not grow up on the rez., not sure about the other native american tribes.

Would you by chance know what it means to dream of a "white owl"? Im really curious. I had the dream about 2 years ago and it still haunts me. I took it as a warning of my death. The dream itself wasnt scary, but I don't usually dream about me. And it was clear and vivid. I could hear, feel and smell and even look around as if I were awake. I had an aneurysm about 3 months after this dream. But prior to this dream, I had one where a elongated man came to me in my sleep, he woke me by shaking my shoulders, afraid I didnt turn to see who it was, but he told me, that if I wanted to I could go now and that I didn't have to go thru any of "this", I told him no and to go away because I didn't know who he was. I woke and turned to look at him as he existed my room his body was elongated and it went down the stairs.
Many people believe many things, by grandparents on my father side are part indian, I never got a chance to know them.

maryltyme,

Hello, this is going to be a long post, so buckle your seat-belt.
First to tell you, that you have native american blood rolling through your veins
and our dreams are often really visual and reoccurring till we deduct the correct understanding of that dream.

When you get to the correct understanding of your dream it's like a huge bell that goes off in my head saying "yes that's correct" I think you'll get it too.

This is a great day to write you back about this. Last night I had something happen again to me that has happened to me for some time.
I have an issue where I will get face down in my pillow because I toss and turn and can have pretty crazy dreams.
Once I'm face down in my pillows I will have difficulties breathing till I almost suffocate then I come grasping out of my dream.
Growing up this scared me and also drove me crazy till I learned how to control and get out of dreams and wake up. It's really just about focusing your body to move and you can wake yourself up from there, move one arm first, that's normally pretty easy to do, and move your body awake that way.
If things are getting crazy in your dream world and you need to get out, get out.

Now about your dream,
White is always purity or pure.

I copied the next piece about owls from Dreammoods.com I really liked their definition about owl:
"To see an owl in your dream symbolizes wisdom, insight, magic, expanded awareness and virtue. You are highly connected to your intuitive senses and psychic power"

I hope everything makes a bit more since or you can deduct a bit more about it all.

Please keep me posted,
reid

I had a dream of a massive Salmon once many years back Hanging over my head in the air on a great plain with stars above in the sky. he spoke through the hot wind of his breath in a drone that shook the ground and and said only one word. Then an eagle the size of a man came to stand next to me and told me I would forget what i was told...he was right, I totally forgot it.

I am part native american too, for the record. Something From the Seattle area. I also had another dream once where a raven came and told me we were brothers, but he was red like a sunset.

Last edited:
wow, sounds like a visiting relative. futureghost.

it blows my mind to be commenting to someone in the Netherlands,
i've never been there, but one of my good friends, mike goes quite often,
I heard rotterdam was awesome as well.
reid

I'm actually From Seattle i just live in the Netherlands, My wife is Dutch/Sicilian.

*Dutch Mom* is also from the Netherlands BTW.

Last edited:
maryltyme,

Growing up this scared me and also drove me crazy till I learned how to control and get out of dreams and wake up. It's really just about focusing your body to move and you can wake yourself up from there, move one arm first, that's normally pretty easy to do, and move your body awake that way.
If things are getting crazy in your dream world and you need to get out, get out.

*I still experience sleep apnea (sleep paralases & I occassionaly stop breathing) but I'm usually not dreaming. I am fully aware of everything around me, sounds, smell, light, people, everything. I just can't wake up until (like you said) wiggle a finger, toe etc..

Now about your dream,
White is always purity or pure.

I copied the next piece about owls from Dreammoods.com I really liked their definition about owl:

"To see an owl in your dream symbolizes wisdom, insight, magic, expanded awareness and virtue. You are highly connected to your intuitive senses and psychic power"

*I dont see it, I don't think it posted? I will go to dreammoods.com and see if I can find it. Thank you! : )

My mother told me not to dream, as a child I would dream of danger or death about other family members, some I knew and some I didn't, and they always came true, sometimes played out a little different, but still it happened just the same.

I hope everything makes a bit more since or you can deduct a bit more about it all.

Please keep me posted,
reid

I most certainly will! Thanks Again : )

I don't know if it's my Native American heritage (I'm more than 1/2 by blood) or my epilepsy, but I have strong psychic experiences.

I -always- know when the phone is going to ring. I'll feel odd, and then feel like I need to get my phone. As soon as I pick it up, it rings.

I see ghosts frequently. It's not hallucinations because my mother has seen the same things. It started in my current apartment when I brought home civil war bullets covered in blood.

Sometimes I have dreams that come true. I figured it was coincidence because it was mostly small things. Then as it continued, it was oddly specific images. A month or so ago, I dreamed I was driving past a wreck. The next day, I drove past a wreck that was the exact same image of my dream.

Odd side note..when I was ten there was a bad drought and a very small chance of rain. My family was outside burning some brush we cleaned up that day, and my mother jokingly said she was going to do a rain dance for a bunch of rain so our plants would not die. So my mother and I had a good time goofing off and dancing around the fire. It then rained for three days, and flooded our house. We talk about it sometimes to this day about how it came from nowhere and we're never doing anything like that again.

I feel crazy just talking about this stuff.

well, is there a guide that differentiates between floaters and orbs? are floaters a sign of retina detachment?

floaters look like blurry particulate on the field of vision. You can't see them in a dark room you need light and a light-ish back drop to see them like a blue sky or a white wall.
I have no idea what 'Orbs' are. I get 'Photisms' however, when I blink every time I blink. it's just pictures pictures pictures, never stops. It's normal to experience photisms before sleep from what I can gather, but waking photisms I am pretty sure are not common. It seems reasonable to me that these 'Orbs' could be a type of photism.

my orbs or solid white ball that normally zip back and forth in vision, up down left right, they look like comets, but lately, they've been appearing and just sitting there, like their stuck or something. I have glaucoma, so floaters and flashes are not new to me, but the orbs are.

Back
Top Bottom