Don’t like feeling too happy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jun

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Fiest of all, I hope everyone is having a very merry christmas and a relaxing holiday season.

I don’t know if its just me, but I don’t like feeling good most of the time.
Not because I dont like the feeling of being happy...I mean, I think for the majority, people like the feeling of being happy.

I don’t know if this has to do with my brain injury or my epilepsy, but whenever my brain wants to be in a happy and/or excited and relaxing mood, like during the christmas holiday season, my head starts to...not necessarily hurt, but I dont like the feeling. Its remineccent to when I had auras and/or an episode. If nausea can be felt in the brain, I feel like thats what the feeling is.

Its more like a defence mechanism to not feel happy because I do everything to prevent having a seizure. Im not looking for solutions, but Im just curious if Im the only one who tries to avoid being overly happy and/or excited.

I would love to hear any thoughts

I get that. I somewhat isolate. But the emotions involved in the holidays I believe started my latest 20 minute TC. I know my brain injury is involved in promoting seizures. I feel hopeless and death sentence curse that my uncontrolled sleepy is getting worse.

Hi Jun,

A lot of this could be do to your seizure meds you are taking or it could just be do to winter weather where some people get more down and out. I know the frontal lobe (forehead) has a lot to do with our emotions. One thing I've found that helps me out is keeping busy so I don't have so much time on my hands to think about these things.
Another thing you can try is cold water therapy put a cold washcloth on the back of your neck and your face 3 times a day or more, this calms the neurons down in the brain and makes a person more relaxed. I was in a medical study with this a few yrs. ago and they found this decreases seizures also. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hello Jun,

I can relate to how you feel. For me, it seems like my medicine prevents extreme emotion, whether happy or sad. If I even try to get very happy about something, I begin feeling a low grade headache, which somewhat reminds me of the beginnings of a seizure.

I haven't experienced anything like that. The medication's side effects are the only things that bother me.

I have persecution complex a stitch dropped in tapestry of life.I did see shrink who made things worse.i bit like porky I have temporal lobe and I need keep mind off it because the auras are awful.NEARLY Everyday I say god why are you persecuting me.Some of it due to sz some I going round bend but yes I get your drift but we have but one life so sometimes screw em all and do something that give you pleasure(not sex)

Back
Top Bottom