EEG Feelings

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mel239

New
Reaction score
Seems normal eegs happen so much,that I was curious-how do you feel during the eeg? Do you feel bad during any part of it?Do you fall asleep?I guess what Im asking is simple-if it comes back normal did you feel normal?And if it comes back abnormal did you feel funny at any point?Did any of you suspect a problem during your eeg or was it all "news to you" when they gave you the results.Did some of you feel the same during a regular eeg as you did during a sleep deprived and do you think my meds should make the eeg normal-Ive been on them for months-Thanks-Sorry for all the questions.

I've felt normal during all my EEGs. I've also felt awake during all of them (even the sleep-deprived ones), but apparently during the very first one I fell asleep and didn't realize it. My epilepsy is the generalized tonic-clonic variety, so there's a definitive spike-and-wave pattern that shows up whether I'm having a seizure or not, as long as I'm unmedicated or under-medicated. If I'm on a working dose of meds, my EEG results are normal.

Last edited:
Thanks-I think my add on med is working-feeling fine couple weeks-I too didnt realize I fell asleep-i apologized to the tech for not being able to sleep,but he said I was out

I felt pretty normal during all of my EEGs and kind of suspected that nothing would show, since I'd experienced zero events similar to what I believe to be complex partials. I also wasn't the least bit tired, even during the sleep-deprived ones.

Back
Top Bottom