Exams and Epilepsy.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello, someone recently put up a post about their son and school and its made me think....

I am taking my GCSE's (Sort of like Finals for the folk over the pond :) ) and my doctor has advised me to contact the exam board and explain about me being diagnosed and put on medication right in the middle of my exams however I am just curious about how they will approach the situation? I know in some cases they take a national average if you fail your exam and give you that... so you cannot fail your GCSE's whereas other times they allow you extra time, give you a helper etc...

Does anyone have any idea? xxxx

Thank you!!
Stephh xxx

any professional or governmental facility with any competence or credence whatsoever should take into account allowances required with medical or physical issues

don't worry about it

if anyone messes with you, let me know and I'll take the first plane from Texas

They should allow you extra time with your exams in case you need it. It would depend on various things such as how medications affect your thinking, how frequent your seizures are etc. Best thing to do is just give the exam board a call and see what they say

Back
Top Bottom