First seizure don't know what to do.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks

peter have you ever had issues with severe headaches or actual migraines?

No, I just hit my head a few times and bam, headaches, sleeplessness, nightmares that reoccur in the actual same dream over 5 times in a row, ringing in ears(two days now), grogginess every time I wake up, and mainly stress.

no no, it's nothing you 'deserve.' there is so much to find out first, whether it's simply withdrawal due to heavy drinking, or possibly cold turkey stopping marijuana, or some type of seizure. baby steps hun, first of all a doc appt, referral to a neuro, then go from there. but don't think you 'deserve' it.
like i had said, my first got chalked up to alcohol withdrawal after a rough night, but after a second one without booze/drugs they realized the first was just a coincidence, and was diagnosed with E on the spot. there are so many possibilities in the beginning, try to take big breaths if you can. hugs.
thanks

...For now I am staying awake, because I read that seizures are more prone to happen during sleep...

this is not a good plan for prevention!
in fact, the primary method doctors use to try to summon the occurrence of seizures is by sleep deprivation

Peter, do you have a doctor in the states? If you do you can call that Dr. and tell them what is going on and have them call an epileptologist or neurologist for you. I had an oncologist do that for me because they could not get into the doctor in the Ukraine. In Russia. Use any resource you have. If you have friends with neurologists have them type an e mail ( if they will) . In the mean time take all your vitamens, eat healthy. And sleep when you can. Let me know what is going on.Teresa

Iam a VETERAN of head injuries. First being at 1 year old, then 4, then 6 more between the ages of 15 and38. Most of which were to the front of my head, which is why I have brain atrophy and probably the reason I had a brain bleed two years ago that caused my seizure. I've had 8 head traumas, nine if you count the brain bleed.

Even the Neurologist was shocked when I gave him the list. lol Four of which were bleeding injuries.

If you have a history of seizures, it's not a good idea to drink, ESPECIALLY if you have seizures when you drink. It can interact with any anti-seizure medicine you take. If you have headaches alot, tell your Neurologist. He'll want to check it out.

When I had the brain bleed, if it wasn't for the seizure, my Neurologist wouldn't have ordered the MRI and found the bleed because I didn't have the symptoms I should have with a brain bleed and I would have gone to sleep one day and not woke up. Your headaches could be med related, a lot of them can have that side effect. Just mention it to the doctor.

Back
Top Bottom