Frequency of Seizures and Ovulation

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My friend sent me a few articles that study the frequency of seizure episodes during their monthly cycle. I thought it was really interesting. You can check out the information on my blog, "Partially Complex.

Enjoy!

Well, I know my ovulation has an effect on my seizure activity. It's always worse the week before my period.

So odd that I see this now. I was talking iwth my friend yesterday who has some sort of seizure-ish activities that they are attributing to migraines. It seems to be hormonally related, but they refuse to entertain the notion that it could be a seizuree because she has a headache at the same time?? She has never had an eeg even though she ended up in the ER during her latest episode and could have had one right then and there. Long story short, they said that since it's related to headaches and her cycle, it's not a seizure. Quacks!

Back
Top Bottom